Sew,Mama,Sew! Staff Bags

on July 24 | in Sewing Inspiration | by | with 9 Comments

We want you to know that Beth, Lauren and I have been loving Bag Month too!  It has definitely been motivating.  We enjoyed trying out new patterns, using some beautiful fabric, and taking advantage of the great tutorials from Lisa and Autum.  Without any intention at all, we each made two bags–one a little playful and the other slightly more sophisticated.  Ta da!

Lauren’s Gnome Bag

Made without a pattern.  Check out the fabric-covered buttons!

Beth’s Pink Tote

Also a self-drafted pattern.  Lisa straps ;-)

Kristin’s Matrioshka Bag

A gift for my daughter’s 5th birthday. (I found the perfect set of 9 nesting dolls to go along with it on ebay!)  I used the Amy Butler Mr. Bedbug’s Ditty Bag pattern and Heather Ross fabric.

Lauren’s Damask Bag

Made using the Flea Market Bag pattern and Joel Dewberry fabric.

Beth’s Daisy Bag

Made using the Amy Butler In-Town Bags pattern and Katie Jump Rope fabric.  (Beth notes that skipping pockets, she used only a quarter yard of each fabric!)  See her review of this pattern from an earlier post.

Kristin’s Tablecloth Girls Everyday Bag

I’ve had this vintage tablecloth in my fabric stash for at least 10 years.  I finally found the perfect fabrics to go with it–Patsy from Mod Girls and Karen from Girlfriends (thank you Jennifer P!)  I like the Everyday Bag pattern–especially for the nice pockets on the sides.

Finally, I wanted to call your attention to Beth’s awesome Martha Stewart Dishtowel Tote Tutorial, which is on her personal blog, Write, Mama. Write.

9 Responses to Sew,Mama,Sew! Staff Bags

1. Tracey says:

Ooooh, that Flea Market Bag is my newest love now!! Gorgeous bags!!

2. Cass W says:

I love them all they look fantastic

3. Lisa says:

Love them, love this month! LOL. It was so much fun, thanks for all the motivation and inspiration :)

4. Mrs.Pear says:

The bags are great! You are totally inspiring me to find a way to sew with a little one!

5. Gasp! I love them all! I can’t pick a favorite. They make me want to revv up the basic craft totes I make. :)

6. Laurie says:

Wow, what a gorgeous collection of beautiful bags! Just stunning, ladies! Thanks for the month of fun!!! I have truly enjoyed all of the works of art that everyone has made.

7. Zoe says:

Ok, I am dying over the tablecloth bag! What an awesome use of the fabrics! I loVe it!! I love all of these bags. Seriously, I really think that I have an addiction – just going throught the flickr pool of photos, there are so many AMAZING bags out there!!! :)

8. Jessica says:

awesome bags! i adore the gnome fabric especially!

9. Korie says:

All adorable! Love them all (a nesting doll bag with nesting dolls!), but partial to that Damask bag (love that fabric!).