Flickr Feature ~ Jimmy Pickles

on August 31 | in Sewing Inspiration | by | with 14 Comments

Cosmetic Purse by Cherie, Jimmy Pickles

Cherie left the corporate world several years ago and is now home with her two year old son James. She uses some of our favorite fabrics to create beautiful and functional pieces like this Michael Miller cosmetic purse. Cherie writes:
I made my first Wristlet Keychain earlier this year. After using it for just few days I just loved it. I knew others would really enjoy it too. So I went through my fabric collection and made a bunch and added them to my Etsy shop. They did very well and I continue to add new styles every week. Recently, I have begun making coin purses and cosmetic bags. I am addicted to creating new items. When I get new fabric I can’t wait to turn it into something fun.

Cherie’s Amy Butler wristlet keychain gift set below is just one example of her bright and graphic designs, classic styling and creative products. Cherie showcases her work on her Flickr site and sells items in her Etsy shop.

Visit the Sew, Mama, Sew Flickr group for more fun creations, add in your own photos and, while you’re at it, hop on over to the Sew, Mama, Sew Kids’ Clothes Month Flickr group and join on in! There are already a lot of great items to enjoy.

14 Responses to Flickr Feature ~ Jimmy Pickles

1. Lynne S says:

Love the way you used the cute fabrics on such unique products!

2. Carla says:

LOVE the brown/turquoise fabric!

3. Jen says:

The wristlet keychain is a great idea!

And holy smokes, there are a lot of photos in the new Flickr group. I’ve got to get cracking!

4. Kim says:

I really , really like the wristlet keychain !!!
    Fabrics cute too but the wristlet is a great idea :)

5. Bridget says:

I love your wristlets. It is always so nice to see a new use for all the beautiful fabric out there. Especially the little scraps you don’t know what to do with, but can’t part with. :)

6. Kate says:

Love the fabrics and your designs and work are superb!
    Those trying to get to Cherie’s etsy shop, the links here aren’t quite right, the addrress http://www.jimmypickles.etsy.com – great listings!

7. Mika says:

I love the cosmetic purse! I also love vivid or pastel colors plus brown. Brown + pink, brown + leaf green, brown + tangerine, brown + sky blue. Does that mean brown is the new black?

My mother gave me a coin purse with the same kind of clasp as the cosmetic purse. It cracks me up because instead of being purse-like fabric, it is made from a colorful knitted baby bootie, with a lining. Just the right size for coins.

8. Celeste says:

I love that wristlet keychain–and it looks so great in that fabric!

9. Rachel H. says:

The colors and designs of the fabric, mixed with the playful construction of the items makes me DROOL! I love these – great inspiration. :)

10. Kathryn says:

Wristlet keychain, what a smart idea. And ever so much more glamorous than hanging your keys on a shoelace around your neck or using one of those ugly plastic coil thingies.

11. Tammy says:

Those cosmetic purses are adorable! Great work!

12. andrea says:

Have purchased from bibs from Cherie in the past for my shop and her work is lovely!

13. Emily says:

Love the fabric choices!

14. sheree says:

very cute items. I really like the wristlet keychain.