November 30 ~ Gift Compilations

on November 30 | in Handmade Holidays | by | with 76 Comments

Thank you for joining us for Handmade Holidays! It’s so rewarding to be part of the thriving enthusiasm for handcrafted giving. We believe the time, effort and love you give as you create imbues gifts with more than a little holiday magic. Today’s images all provide great ideas for sure-to-be-loved gift compilations. Please tell us about favorite gift compilations you’ve come up with in the comments, and to continue with the inspiration please visit (and add to) our Handmade Holidays photo pool. The fun will continue here on the blog through December (did you see this?!).

Our Gift to You

Lauren has created some absolutely beautiful tags for you to attach to all of your lovely handcrafted gifts. Thank you once again for your enthusiasm for our Handmade Holidays, and a HUGE thank you to all of our generous and talented tutorial authors for sharing their gift of sewing magic with all of us.

Gift Compilation Ideas

Children’s Art Tote
By Marina, Wink Designs

Adapt Reading & Writing and Tote Bag tutorials for this great compilation.
Sewing Kit
By Laurie, Liquid Paper

Laurie notes that she sells her handmade goods in The Mod Dots Shop; she lives with her husband in South Dakota, enjoys photography, baking and all things crafty. Make your own sewing kit with the Bagsket in our Drawstring Bag tutorials. Fill it full of Pincushions & Pins and lots of other Gifts for the Crafter.
Wellness Bag
By (our wonderful) Kristin, Sew, Mama, Sew!

Learn all about how to do it here!
Quilted Coaster Sets and Placemats
By Michele, Knitting is Kneat-o

Make a great grouping with Placemat and For the Table tutorials.
Kids’ Cooking Gift Set
From Esther, London Mummy

Make your own with Dress the Kids tutorials and place it all in a Drawstring Bag with some felt Whimsy food. Esther notes that other great kid gift compilations in her London Mummy shop include a Time for a Bath Kit with bath petals, trimmed flannel, a toothbrush and little hairbrush, and a Sleepover Kit with a sweet little nightie or pajamas, a cuddly toy, story book, toothbrush and hairbrush.
Apron Set with oven mitts, patchwork towels and recipe cards
By Nikki, mama blue knitting goods

Make your own with our For the Kitchen and Apron tutorials.
Picnic Sets
By Amanda, SouleMama

Adapt one of the Blankets for Baby, add napkins from For the Table and put them in a Tote Bag.
Bib, Burp Cloths, and Shoes (embellished with vintage buttons)
By Joanna, Stardust Shoes

Make your own with For Baby, Warm those Toes and Embellish! tutorials.

Recommended Gift Box

If you’re looking for a gift container that is sturdy, reusable and extra cute, we recommend this large lunchbox.

More Handmade Holiday ideas:
6 ~ Blankets for Baby
5 ~ Tote Bags
4 ~ Lunch Bags
3 ~ For the House
2 ~ Pincushions & Pins
1 ~ Aprons

Show us how you create Handmade Holidays! Show us your stunning gift compilation photos! Join our Handmade Holidays photo pool… We want to be inspired by you all through the month of December!

We respect the copyright of all crafters.
All links and photos from blogs on our Handmade Holidays posts are used with permission.

Join our Handcrafters’ Holidays Blog Meme! It will be fun!

76 Responses to November 30 ~ Gift Compilations

1. love the baby compilation!! I will be using that this month!

2. Mymsie says:

Those tags are adorable! Can you tell me what the cursive font is called? Thanks!

3. Christie says:

These oven mits are so stinkin’ cute! I wouldn’t have thought of this color combo!

4. Samantha says:

These are beautiful compilations. And thanks for the tags!

5. adrienne says:

LOVE the kids’ cooking set! What a great month of ideas!

6. Kath says:

I wanted to thank you for all of the lovely tutuorials and gift ideas! What a blessing you’ve been to so many of us.

7. missy says:

Every day it just gets better and better!!! I love putting together gift baskets and this just makes me even more excited for Christmas!! Thanks!

8. kim says:

this was the very best month and I truely enjoy each day’s projects.

9. Stacy says:

I checked in every day in November with excitement to see the projects! Thanks to all the creative contributors who shared their talents and creativity.

10. katie says:

Thanks for this fabulous list! You ladies did a wonderful job!

11. Alison says:

Thank you so much for the entire month of ideas. Great stuff right up to the last day.

12. Anna says:

Thank you very much for all the tutorials. Have enjoyed them all very much and have a special bookmark folder for all of them. A question to blogland. Can anyone out there tell me about craftiness and Singapore?? My little family will be moving there in January 2008. So exciting but gosh I hoard too much….

13. Michele says:

100% handmade Christmas. That’s my goal this year. So far I’ve been able to find something to create for everyone on my Christmas list (Except my men. Am I the only one?)

Anyway, thank you, as much of my inspiration has come via the 30 Days of Gifts that you’ve been sharing with us. Bravoooooo! Bravoooooo!

Michele

14. Tammy says:

I have SO enjoyed your blog this month. Thanks for all the hard work you put into gathering the tutorials. I’m looking forward to sewing many new items in the coming months!

15. Lil' d says:

Great stuff. Thanks for all of the tutorials – my only problem now is that I have too many ideas spinning around in my head and too little time…

16. Michele says:

Wow…so many great ideas for November. Thank you so much for gathering all of this stuff up…I’ve gotten so many great ideas for future gifts!

17. Katy says:

Wow! Thank you so much for a wonderful month of ideas and inspiration! This series has been such fun, and I’m so sad it has come to an end. I now have loads of great projects started that I’d better get finished and ready to send out for Christmas gifts… I can’t wait to see my family/friends’ reactions to these lovely projects! You’ve already got me scheming about new ideas for next year! :)
    Thanks again!

18. Sandi says:

I’ve really enjoyed the inspirations this month! How are you going to top this?!?!

19. emily says:

Wow, I can’t thank you enough for this whole fabulous month of gift making! So many fantastic ideas, I think I’ll refer back to this for many years to come! ;)

20. Bunny says:

Thanks for the lovely gift tags! and a whole month of really lovely links and ideas.

21. Natalie says:

I have finally begun making things inspired by some of the many posts, and it’s so much fun. Thank you for sharing all the helpful tutorials and good ideas.

22. Ekioart says:

So many fantastic ideas, so little time. I’ve been crafting as quickly as I can and I still can’t keep up. ^-^ I can’t thank all you tutorail writers and blog finders out there for these great ideas and patterns.

Our christmas is going to be so handmade, I don’t know if my family can stand it! ^-~

23. Andie says:

absolutely outstanding, thank-you so much for an amazing collection of talent and inspiration throughout the month. It has introduced me to so many amazing blogs and ideas.

24. Katrina says:

I’ve really enjoyed this month of ideas. I’ve shared them with friends and family and now I have 12 months of crafts!!! As a new stitcher, a long time crafty scrapbooker you’ve created a new obsession: your website!!

25. Julia D says:

Too much goodness!!!

26. Carol says:

I love kitchen sets and sewing kits. I may have to incorporate placemat and coaster sets into my repertoire. I also think a crafty kit would be good – like a seamstress apron and sewing items, or a larger crafter’s apron and bagsket (lined with oilcloth?). Of course a large tote and knitting items would be a cute kit.

Thanks for the ideas and the cute tags!

27. Julia M. says:

These tutorials have been wonderful. I just started reading your blog in the last month. It is amongst my favorites now. Thanks!

28. Alicia A. says:

Thank you ladies, for all of this! There are some great ideas in here for us all. Time to get to work…

29. Lauren S. says:

thanks for a great month!

30. Erika says:

Thank you so much~for the inspiration and possibilities.

31. Katie says:

I am so sad that today is the last day! I have checked into this blog every day hunger for what was next. Totally loved this. Such a good idea and I can’t wait until next year! THANK YOU!

32. Lisa says:

I’ve had so much fun visiting everyday for projects and inspiration. This blog is like winning a contest everyday. Thank you so much for putting this all together!!!

33. carolyn says:

Thank you for this wonderful month of gift ideas. I am going to miss my daily dose of craft tutorials.

34. Love Love the art tote! Think I’m going to have to make one.

35. Stefanie says:

Thank you so much for compiling this wonderful list for this month! It has gotten my creative juices flowing and now my whole family wont recieve just scarves so everyone will be happy!

36. sherri says:

Thank you so so much . . . I first started checking out the blogosphere because of wonderful craft tutorials such as these–this month of posts has been so inpiring, and I must get busy busy busy. Again, thank you so much for this.

37. Claudia~L says:

Wow, am I ever going to miss all these great blog idea’s. I’ve spent way too much time on my computer though going from one link to the other…I’m going to make the quilted coasters and placemats for my SIL – what a great gift ‘pack’ idea!!

38. Eva says:

this may be my fave post yet! love the tags and the ideas for getting something together and presentable. thank you for the awesome month!

39. Kristie says:

No! No!! No!!! The month cannot be over!
    I’ve had so much fun checking for new ideas everyday. Thanks so much for all the inspiration.

40. Amie says:

Thank you for a wonderful month of ideas!

41. Kacy says:

Thanks for all your hard work ladies. This has been a fantastic handmade month!

42. Terri says:

I have thoroughly enjoyed this month of handmade gift tutorials. I am planning on making at least one or two wellness bag gifts. I also loved Lauren’s gift tags and have already printed some out to attach to the gifts still waiting to be made.

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful ideas presented here.

43. Michelle says:

Awesome. Just the best. Thank you so much.

44. Violet says:

Thank you for a wonderful month of tutorials!
    -violet

45. marcia says:

Thanks you so much for all the great ideas! I laid in bed last night thinking of what I will make for who and how I will put various items togather in totes or bags. So much great information! It makes planning gifts so much easier especially for those of us on a budget(and who isn’t this time of year?) Plus there are so many things to do in the grey days of the rest of the Michigan winter to come! Thanks so much! Marcia

46. Karyn says:

What a great way to wrap up a full month of wonderful and helpful tutorials. Thank you!!!

47. Strizz says:

I love this site and promise myself (daily) I am going to try and make something n here.

48. Samantha says:

So beautiful!! If this doesn’t convince people that handmade is the best, I don’t know what will!!

49. I so don’t want this to end! I think you have something great going on here and the compilations of tutorials was phenomenal. Great job! I’ll miss it!
    Jessie

50. jeanie says:

loved every bit of it and am looking forward to your December stuff too! (and Jan, and Feb…)

51. steph says:

nice work everybody! Very good collection of projects here – I will use this as a reference far beyond just Christmas presents! :) THANKS!

52. stacy says:

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas and the gift tags!

53. Vickie says:

Everything that you have done this month has been exceptional and these are no exception!
    I love all of the ideas! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and giving me the inspiration to make not only this a handmade holiday but every other day a handmade day! A handmade gift is truly from the heart no matter what the occasion!
    This has been so much fun!
    Thank you again!

54. Kara says:

This has been so fun! I’m going to be sad to see it ending. Thank you for all the work you all did to put it together, it has offered me so much inspiration for a handmade holiday!

55. suneeta says:

Thank you so much for these tutorial links. I have been eagerly awaiting each day’s post and will be sad now that it’s over. I have so many ideas for gifts now and especially LOVE your last post of gift sets. Thank you again!

56. Charli says:

I’m sad the month is over too! I’ve gotten some great ideas here this month, as well as been inspired to craft and sew away this Christmas. THank you!

57. Angie says:

These all look so wonderful! Once again I thank you for putting together this past months of awesome sewing projects. It’s been fun to come here each day and look at what new things you’ve brought us. Thank you so much!

58. Kari says:

These are terrific ideas!

59. layla says:

It’s been a wonderful month of great gift ideas – thank you!

60. Melissa says:

I have loved perusing all the tutorials this month and I’m sad to see it end. I have lots of new ideas and can’t wait til I can get sewing! Thanks!

61. Kerri says:

Last year I made an apron for my sister, using fabric from a dress we wore years ago. It was fun seeing her recognize it! Then I just kept adding cooking/kitchen items to her gift, and finished with a cookbook on ancient Roman recipes. It was a fun gift of old things & cooking.

62. Natalie says:

I’m so sad this month is over. I have loved all of the projects and I want to thank you for helping make this holiday handmade.

63. Norma says:

This has been a wonderul and inspiring series!! You all are the best~ Norma

64. Beth says:

Thanks so much! Loved all the ideas. Now I just need to get started ……..
    b.

65. Oh I LOVE this idea! All of them! I keep thinking, especially this one, no- especially THAT one! I love the idea of giving several gifts that go together! Last year I gave my step brother and his wife each aprons as well as aprons for their daughters and a family/kids cookbook. I love the idea of making all the gifts! Thanks for all the tuts, but especially this one, I think it’s my fave out of all of them!

66. Kensie says:

These are great! I love all of these ideas!

67. Amy says:

Thanks for all the great tutorials!!! Great job putting all of this together! I know I will be referring to it ALL the time! I already have birthday plans and even Christmas 08 plans for several of these items!!!!! THANKS!

68. Alicia says:

thank you for all of the wonderful gift ideas – it’s been really fun to see what ideas are out there – my sewing machine has been busy!

69. alison says:

What great gift compilation ideas! I’m planning a purse, wallet and tissue cozy compilation for my mom. I may even use the same idea for my SIL’s birthday since we adult siblings and spouses save the gift exchange for the kids. I do always bake cookies and treats for everyone though since it feels weird not to give them something.

70. laurie says:

Cute ideas. Thanks for all of them.

71. WOW!!! What a way to finish up the month. You girls have outdid yourselves!

I’ve added gift tag tutorials and wrapping ideas to my blog today for added inspiration:

I’ll be giving a New Sewing Enthusiast gift to someone special this year. It will include:
    1 – Gingher Scissors
    2 – Havel’s Amazing Seam Ripper
    3 – Glass Head Pins
    4 – Handmade Pincushion
    5 – Coachâ„¢ Measuring Tape
    6 – Olfa Pattern Weights
    7 – Dritz Ezy-Hem Guide
    8 – Fiskar’s 45mm Rotary Cutter
    9 – Gutermann Thread
    10 – Vintage Fabric, Trims and Buttons

I can’t thank you girls enough for all the inspiration you’ve given me and our fellow crafters!

With friendship,
    Lisa

72. Kati says:

I’m so sad this is the last post from this series! Everything has been so helpful, and it was a great way to start my day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

73. melissa says:

beautiful ideas, great packaging. i did a first embroidery kit for an 8 year old’s birthday (with lots of help from wee wonderfuls!) see it here: http://pickinguppurls.blogspot.com/2007/11/get-ready.html and here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/pickinguppurls. again, thanks for the amazing inspiration and ideas!

74. Meredith says:

Is it bad that I want these all for myself? Maybe after Christmas I can get crafting for me!

Thanks again for the Handmade Holidays this month. The tutorials are great to have all together and just what I needed for my own homemade Christmas!

75. Heather B says:

Thank you! Thank you! The last 30 days have been so inspiring, and have really pushed me to think about handmade gifts for the special people in my life. I look forward to what Dec. brings as I begin and complete some of my projects. Thank you again.

76. Nicole says:

Congratulations ladies on a job very well done! I’m so sad to see it over but I have much work ahead of me thanks to your wonderful tutorials. Happy Holidays! — nicole