December 29 ~ Happy Recipients

on December 29 | in Handmade Holidays | by | with 21 Comments

In addition to seeing the great gifts in the photo pools, it’s fun to see the happy recipients of your talent! We love all of the smiling faces, and we hope all of your handcrafted gifts were received with as much joy.

Appliquéd Apple Shirts
By Fiona, dearfii

Fiona made these appliquéd shirts with felt and fabric, and sewed them on with a raw edge. Fiona has five children and the heat of Australian summer to embrace, so she has big plans for “elephants, birdies and flowers” on t-shirts in the near future.

Scarf
By Heather, Apples on a Stick

Heather made this scarf for her happy sister. We love the contrasting, red topstitching (designed to match her red coat) and the other scarf details you can find here. You can find more from Heather in her heatherhalesDESIGNS shop in the new year and on Flickr.

Apron
By Monique, The Lint Knitter

This is actually Monique modeling an apron she made for her friend, but we’re sure her friend had a big smile when she saw the great colors, bias binding and vintage flair of this apron from a McCall’s pattern. Learn more about the apron on Monique’s blog, The Lint Knitter, and be sure to take a look around for some of Monique’s year-end creative highlights.

Red & White Scarf
By Amy, read this and tell me what it says

Joel is happily modeling a nearly-completed (ice storm casualty) scarf for Christmas. Learn about how Amy’s life changed for the better (with a little sewing and knitting) in her Homemade for the Holidays post on her blog.

Apron
By Amy, {my life is perfect, even when it’s not}

Amy made aprons for her happy nieces as Christmas presents. She adapted one of our Apron tutorials and we really love the addition of ribbon ties! Learn more about the aprons and Amy’s holidays on her blog, {my life is perfect, even when it’s not}.

Coveralls
By Magdalena, Handy Hands’ Corner

Magdalena’s little boy looks pleased with his new coveralls! She (smartly) built in some extra wiggle room for this fast growing boy. Enjoy all of the things Magdalena knits and sews for her little one via her Flickr site.

Want more handcraft inspiration? Visit the Handmade Holidays photo pool and don’t forget about our Handmade Holidays Tutorials.

We respect the copyright of all crafters.
All links and photos from blogs on our Handcrafters’ Holidays posts are used with permission.

21 Responses to December 29 ~ Happy Recipients

1. Michele says:

I have that McCall’s apron pattern…but have yet to make the apron. She’s inspired me to finally attempt it!

2. Dorte says:

Perfect idea to have the recipients strut the gifts! Oh, and the apron is adorable!!!

3. natalie abarca says:

the apple tank tops are adorable.

4. Becca says:

Such wonderful gifts!

5. janet says:

love the dishtowel apron. Will try it for my 6 YO. Thanks!

6. Cocoa says:

It’s great seeing all the homemade goodness others are giving. I really like how the apron turned out Monique!

7. Julie says:

monique that apron is great and you look beautiful in it! I have yet to try a full apron yet! Good work.

8. Libby says:

Lot’s of smiling faces.

9. amy m says:

its so fun to give your handmade gifts to the ones you made them for!! my SIL is going to get her oven mitt i crafted up this weekend and i can’t wait to see what she thinks!

10. mama k says:

how fun to see everyone enjoying the handicrafts!

11. Carrie says:

Love to see all the happy faces and wonderful things that people have been making. I am so in love with Monique’s apron…have to get that pattern!!!

12. Christy says:

That apron is gorgeous!

13. Samantha says:

Awwwww…it’s fun to see the happy recipients! I was pleased to hear that my handmade gifts were received well this year. It seems like it’s such a risk to give handmade–you never know if your hard work will be appreciated. It’s nice when it turns out well.

14. Heather says:

It’s great to see happy recipients! I can remember few of my childhood gifts but the ones that were made for me by my aunts and Mom. I still have some of them twenty years later. Heather

15. Lil' d says:

Happy faces are always a relief when giving a home made gift!

16. Coralee says:

absolutely delightful!

17. Tex says:

I love Monique’s apron! Looks like a lot of careful sewing is involved and it looks great. Lucky friend.

18. Kristin says:

Wow! I love that blue and pink apron! I would be tempted to keep it for myself :)

19. Cheyenne says:

What a great apron!

20. Louisa says:

How neat to see people enjoying their handmade gifts! I especially like the apron that Monique made!

21. Heather says:

OMGosh – they are all “SEW” great (sorry I had to!) I made the owls, superhero capes, aprons and bean bag toss games for all the kidlets on my list!