Introduction ~ Amy of Happythings

on February 27 | in Contributors | by | with 22 Comments

From Beth: We love everything Amy creates and all that she captures on her Happythings blog. She has a special talent for quilting, and is also so clear and approachable when she shares techniques, tutorials and ideas about her creating process and inspiration. Amy was therefor a natural choice to be our Quilting Month expert on batting. We know you’ll learn a thing or two (or more!) from her Batting Guide, and we hope you’ll stop by Happythings and her quilts photo gallery. Amy also makes lots of quilts for children through the non-profit Linus Connection; you can see her Linus Quilts here.

From Amy: I’m a mom from Austin. TX. I grew up watching my mom sew, but began sewing myself in 2005 after receiving a sewing machine for Christmas. Simple, fun and often scrappy quilts have been my passion but I’ve dabbled in other types of sewing. I enjoy making quilts for babies and kids – for those I know and those I don’t know through a local blanket making charity.

22 Responses to Introduction ~ Amy of Happythings

1. Alyssa says:

Amazing!

2. Amy says:

Thanks all
    Judith – so good to hear from you again! I’m humbled to hear that the quilt played such a central role in your living room. Congratulations on the birth of your son but sorry to hear you’ve had some challenges!! Glad he is now home from the hospital – hope the challenges will soon be a thing of the past so you can focus on quilting for other kiddos! Way to go.

3. Glaucia says:

Thanks for letting me know Happythings, I loved it. There are many interesting quilt tutorials there!
    Full of inspiration!!

4. Judith Roenke says:

Happythings is one of my favorite blogs which I check daily. We won the optical quilt in a palette of oranges that Amy donated to the Kim family auction. It hangs in our living room and was the basis for choosing the colors of our home in Washington. The quality of her work is incredible.
    My 4 month old son came home from the hospital today after open heart surgery. I already inquired about making quilts to donate to CHKD in Norfolk VA as a thank you to them. Thanks to Amy for the quilt donation inspiration!

5. Jody says:

Happythings is one of my favorite blogs. She is such an inspiration. I love watching her creativity pour out into wonderful activities that she does with her daughter. Oh, yeah, the quilts are spectacular too!

6. Becca says:

The photography on the blog is amazing & inspirational!

7. Dawn says:

I love the happythings blog and I am sure to check in regularly. I’m excited that she is a contributer this month!

8. Amy says:

Thanks all – so much :-)

9. kate says:

Yay, another GREAT quilting sight, thank you sewmama! :)

10. Amanda says:

I would love to learn how to quilt and this is the perfect place for information! Thanks Amy! And thank you sewmamasew for the link! :D

11. Rose L says:

Oh – I love the blog. Such an appropriate name. Her pictures have me looking forward to spring up here… though in Michigan we have quite a while longer to wait than in Texas!

12. Cassie Ogle says:

The Linus Connection seems like such a wonderful charity. I love the happythings blog too; the photos are wonderful.

13. Char says:

Gorgeous collection in your quilt gallery, Amy! Inspiring…

14. Cheryl says:

Amy, you are inspiring. My mom is very involved with Linus blankets and maybe now I will start too. I really like the various quilts using strips, especially the X quilts.

15. Elizabeth says:

Beautiful quilts!

16. Julia D says:

your Linus quits are made with such care!! Thnk you for sharing your work and knowlege!

17. Allison says:

i love this website!!

18. Deb says:

I’ve enjoyed visiting Amy’s blog for a few months now, and I have so many of her quilting posts saved in Bloglines to go back and look at for inspiration; her scrappy quilts are wonderful!

19. Katie says:

What a fun site. The quilt in the banner is GORGEOUS!

20. Keep making those Linus quilts.

21. Michele says:

I really enjoy reading her blog!

22. Ellen says:

Your Linus Connection work is impressive. Isn’t it nice to share your passion for quilting with kids that need to be loved!