Pattern Alterations from Sally Stitch

on May 11 | in Sewing + Quilting Tips | by | with 11 Comments

Bethany has a fun, vintage book following Sally Stitch and her sewing adventures. She shares chapter installments on her Bitter Betty Blogs site, and we thought this portion of Chapter Nine worked as a good supplement to our Vintage Smock Pattern efforts this week. We’ll have more pattern alteration help later this week from our (real, live!) contributors, but for now enjoy Sally’s wisdom:

WCMSally1.jpg

11 Responses to Pattern Alterations from Sally Stitch

1. Kelli says:

This is great! Thanks for all the help this month. One reason I never sew for myself is because it’s so much more intimidating than whipping something up for my little ones! The other reason is just procrastination…but thanks for helping me get rid of one reason at least!

2. Alejandra says:

Heeeeeeey!!!! now that’s more like it!!! simple, step by step and with pictures, nice nice very nice. Thank yoooooooouuuuuuuuuu…

3. Amy W says:

Awesome! Thanks!

4. Lisa Clarke says:

Suddenly it seems so simple! Amazing what a good diagram can accomplish…

5. irene says:

I love this. It’s just what I need to get going on clothes sewing again. Thanks Betty!

6. Kelli says:

What great information. I have learned the hard way that you do NOT just make adjustments at the top/bottom/edge of the pattern!

7. Jessie says:

This is wonderful! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve passed a pattern up because it didn’t fit my measurements. Thank you thank you!

8. Wow, i think I now know how to fix my bigger waist measurement! Gonna have to pick a pattern and try it!

9. debra says:

This is great. Simple and to the point!!!! I am going to print it out and keep it in my binder.

10. Joy says:

It is much easier for me to learn how to do something
    when I can see it with illustrations! And for some reason,
    if it’s in a memorable format like this, it’s even better!
    Something I really like about those old instructional books
    and pamphlets!

11. Stephanie says:

I love Sally Stitch! :) Thanks, Bethany!