Call for Create & Celebrate Contributions!

on October 1 | in Etc... | by | with 13 Comments

It’s time to fill everyone in on your latest and greatest sewing achievements.

Email: [email protected]
Subject: Create & Celebrate

Check out past CC posts in our sidebar category. Submissions should non-commercial and from personal blogs. We want to know what you’re sewing!

13 Responses to Call for Create & Celebrate Contributions!

1. Ah!!! at last I found what I was looking for. Somtimes it takes so much effort to find even tiny useful piece of information.
    Nice post. Thanks

2. Tori says:

Hey for the first time I’m submitting something. I e-mailed you with a couple projects from this summer. Thanks for a great job!

3. susie says:

I just finished a re-do on my kids bathroom which included a shower curtain, some new art work and towels. You can take a look on my blog. I also plan on doing a floor mat when I get the time and doing a tutorial for the towels with the hanging loops.

4. Anja says:

I just finished a dress for my girl. It’s made from an baby blanket.
    Maybe anyone might find it interesting to try.

5. I just finished another tutorial, this one for the Open Pocket Pouch. It’s a companion tut to my Purse Pouch Tutorial. I also have some fun and simple tuts for bowties, fabric bookmarks, and hairbows. My girls love to model Mommy’s latest little dresses and skirts, which are catalogued under “sewing” in my sidebar, so there are lots of fun things to check out!

The next time I’m in Oregon visiting family (I grew up just southwest of Portland) I’ll be sure to stop by your store – I have a brother living in Beaverton, how convenient is that?! Thanks for your great store and blog!

6. quenna says:

Hi Beth, I just finished a couple of overnight bags for my girls.

I’m not sure if that link worked…

7. Janice says:

Are we allowed to nominate other people? I just found a tutorial and thought it was cute and perfect for this time of year. Maybe you could contact her for permission to feature her if you’re interested? Let me know and I’ll give you the link.

8. Carla says:

I’ve been working on a lot of totes and bags, pincushions and dolls for swaps. I’m hooked on bags though.

9. Amy says:

I wanted to try crazy quilting with scraps of felted wool (from old sweaters). The traditional way didn’t work, because the felt was too thick to sew and flip. So I experimented and came up with a technique that worked great! I wrote up a tutorial, which can be found here: http://hereastitch.blogspot.com/2008/06/tutorial-time.html

10. Tina says:

When you say non-commercial, do you mean that we can’t have used a pattern that we bought? I just finished a coming-home outfit for my baby due in 2 weeks. Could I submit this?

11. I came up with this basket style bag simply to take some home grown apples to my Mum’s.
    It only took an afternoon to make and I think it would be great in Christmas fabric filled with pine cones.
    I would like to share the FREE tutorial with your readers.

12. jacquie says:

i finished my first free motion quilted quilt. i’m so excited! i made it with pinwheel blocks that i redesigned into “fractured pinwheels.” you can see it at my blog: http://www.tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com

13. The Mommy says:

I’ve emailed you Beth. A little nervous as I’m still quite the novice. However, I created what I think is a perfect little bag from a couple of fat quarters, and posted a tut on my blog. Thanks for considering me!