As we kick off November’s Handmade Holidays our thoughts naturally turn to holiday celebrations in our homes and yours. Last year we had fun throughout December, learning about your favorite recipes, gifts, traditions and memories. This year we want to do it again!
How to Play:
1. Write about holidays in your home on your blog. Here is a set of writing prompts to get you started (pick & choose, or share something your very own way!):
- Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
- If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making? (Post photos if you have some, and if the recipients won’t find out via your post!)
- Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
- Do you have any great gift compilation ideas (a grouping of gifts just perfect for certain recipients?)
- Name one thing on your personal wish list.
- Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts? (Share a link.)
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
- Have you started any new traditions with your family that you didn’t practice growing up?
- What do you love most about the holiday season?
- What do you like least about the holiday season?
- Anyone close to your heart that you’ll be missing this year?
- What is your favorite holiday food?
- Do you have a great recipe to share?
2. Be sure to tell your friends and blog readers about the fun, and have them participate too. Link to this post so they’ll know where to post their link. If you’d like, you can grab our snazzy button.
3. Leave a link in the comments to this post to let us and others know you’re participating.
4. Throughout December we’ll highlight excerpts from Holidays at Home posts. If you’d like us to post a quote from your blog with an image and link, email us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject: Holidays at Home
- Attach: Your image sized to 300 px wide.
- Include: Your name and your blog name.
- Include: The blog post URL related to the image.
- Include: A snippet (100 words or less) of your post.
Can I share more than one blog post in the comments?
Do I have to get this done before December?
No!– Any time between now and the end of December works. We’ll begin Holidays at Home highlights on the blog at the beginning of December.
What if I don’t want to answer all of your questions, but I want to participate?
Anything goes!– Answer one question or answer them all. You can even share a picture of something you made for someone and leave off the questions all together. Have fun.
We can’t wait to learn more about your Holidays at Home!
Peace to you,
Kristin, Beth, Lauren, Rebecca & Irene