We love you guys. We really do. Thank you for stopping by every day and enthusiastically embracing Handmade Holidays. We’ve received oodles of emails telling us about even more great shops, tutorials and recipes. People even want to give us stuff to give away! We would love to include them all, but it just isn’t possible. The truth is, we had all of our November posts wrapped up in October and we’re already prepping for December and planning for January.
We do, however, want to do whatever we can to help you promote your blogs and shops. That’s why we’re going to encourage you to participate in Give-Away Day, 2008! The idea is that everyone who wants to participate hosts a give-away on their blog on the same day. Readers benefit because a) they get exposed to blogs with great ideas; b) they get directed to shops with wonderful gifts; c) they get the opportunity to win a cool handmade prize, just in time for the holidays; d) they know exactly when to tune in! Participants benefit because a) they get new readers; b) they get potential shoppers; c) they can experience the joy of giving something they’ve made to a virtual friend. Want to play? Here are some guidelines:
- Your give-away item must be either handmade (for example, soap, jewelry, bags, mmmmmmarshmallows), or can be used for making handmade gifts (for example, buttons, ribbons, candle wax.)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you’ll be participating. On Give-Away Day we’ll post a master list of participants.
- You need to write a post about the item on December 3, 2008 and ask visitors to comment that day.
- You decide how you want to choose the winner (random, best answer to a question, etc.)
- You should be clear about whether or not you’re willing to ship the item internationally.
- You ship the item in a timely manner–hopefully the same week.
- Spread the word! Make December 3 a give-away day all over blogland! If you’d like, grab our button and link back to this post to let your readers know you’ll be participating. The code gets wonky when we post it here, so here is the image url: http://www.sewmamasew.com/media/blog/giveaway.jpg and here is the link url: http://www.sewmamasew.com/?p=647
We also want to remind you that we’ll be sharing snippets of your Holidays at Home posts throughout December. We’ll post a photo and a portion of your post, with a link back to your blog. See the Holidays at Home description for more information.
Edited to add: Please be sure to email Beth your blog or shop URL. We’re ever-so-slightly swamped so we’re not going to email you back… Just check the list early on December 3rd to make sure you’re there (we’re pretty sure you will be!). We’re not listing what you’ll give away (your new readers will see that when they click over to your space). We have tons of participants so far. This will be great fun!