Fat Quarter Extras

on February 27 | in Swaps | by | with 46 Comments

• If you are a swap participant, be sure to send out your fat quarters by the end of this month!

• Let us know if you have a fun swap story/great swap surprise/new budding blog friendship as a result of the Fat Quarter Swap. We’d love to hear about it ([email protected]).
  • Kirsty from kootoyoo shows you how to fold a fat quarter in this video! We love the Aussie accent…
  • Gillian from Homemade Life shares a fun fat quarter idea: First Aid Kits.
  • By now you may have forgotten that fat quarters are also great for… Quilts! Not just doll quilts, but big quilts too! Here are some Fast Fat Quarter Facts for quilting cuts from QuiltersBuzz. If you’re inspired to quilt, be sure to visit our Quilting Month archives.

Have we missed your super-fantastic fat quarter-related tutorial? Add it to the comments below. Fat Quarter Month is almost (sadly!) over.

46 Responses to Fat Quarter Extras

1. Ronit says:

A big thanks for hosting the FQ swap and giving me so many great ideas. I blogged about the swap here (http://2hippos.blogspot.com/2009/03/rainbow-of-fabric.html) and here (http://2hippos.blogspot.com/2009/02/more-fqs-in-mail.html). Thanks again!

2. Kay says:

This was a great month. I loved all of the posts!

3. Heather says:

your quilting month is what started all the madness in my sewing room. thanks for the ideas and inspiration!

4. Skulleigh says:

This month has been such fun, and I have so many project ideas now! Thank you!

5. jackie says:

i’m bummed i missed the swap. maybe next time.

6. Libby says:

Your quilting month was what inspired me to make my first quilt. I have now made 5 and my first one is still my favorite. Thank you.

7. Julie Andrea says:

So far, I have received one lovely FQ, eagerly waiting and watching the mail for the rest of them. A huge thank you for arranging this swap, did you ever think so many people would sign up for it?

Julie Andrea

8. Mary says:

I am so sad this is the end of FQ month. I got a lot of great, quick project ideas. And I finally found some cute FQ’s at my tiny Joanns today.

9. Sara Hemmeke says:

FQ month has been great. To top it all off, the Mid Atlantic Quilt festival was in my area this weekend, so I could put all that good fat quarter inspiration to good use, and bolster my stash a bit. :) Thank you ladies for all your hard work!

10. Judy says:

Thank you so much for organizing the F/Q swap. So simple & so much fun. Nothing like standing in the middle of a thousand bolts of fabric trying to narrow it down to one that will wow the swap partners!

11. Violet says:

I really loved this idea of a FQ month.
    -violet

12. Leah says:

FQ month has been inspiring–I have bookmarked more blogs and tutorials then I think I can get to! I am sad that I was not able to participate in the Sew, Mama, Sew FQ swap, so I am contemplating hosting one of my own through my blog…we’ll see what happens. Thanks so much for the great inspiration!

13. Rae says:

99 2″ squares from a fat quarter???? That’s insane. Well I guess I just learned something new today.

14. Megan says:

This has definitely been one of my favorite months!

15. JaneR says:

After this fat quarter month I will never look at a fat quarter the same way again!!! How about a ‘half time’ month for fresh new projects that require about a 1/2 yard?!! Or how about an ‘almost there’ month for 3/4 yard projects?!!! Or how about ‘give her an inch and she’ll take a yard’ month for fresh new ideas for projects that take a yard (or meter) or more?!! Thank you SMS for this month…I KNOW it has taken lots of work to make it happen. Daily you have helped stimulate the economy one fat quarter at a time!

16. Kaye says:

I am so sad FQ month is at an end. Every day it has been so fun to see what the new project is. I have a tote full of fat quarters that are just waiting to be made into all the great things we have seen. Thanks so much SMS for putting together the projects and the fat quarter swap. It has been great fun.

17. jodie says:

I hate to see this end. So much fun!

18. Heidi says:

The first aid kit idea is wonderful. I will be making one for summer camping trips. Woo!

19. Katie says:

Thank you! This was a really great month.

20. Tanya says:

Just adding my thanks along with all of the others. I have really enjoyed all of the tutorials and reading about/seeing so many wonderful fabric stashes. This month was a lot of fun!

21. lesley says:

thanks for a wonderful month of projects. i have so many to-do’s on my list right now, i need to dive in!

22. Traci White says:

I love Fat quarter month. I am inspired! Thank ou!

23. barb says:

Thank you, I’ve really enjoyed FQ month. Thanks for all of the great ideas!

24. sarah says:

It’s a shame that FQ month wasn’t in a longer month! Think of what those extra three projects could have been! I had done away with FQ in my stash cuz i thought they were useless since i like to sew kid’s clothes, but now I think they make make a comeback! Thank you SMS!

25. Bethany says:

Thank you so much for all of the great tutorials, interviews, projects and inspiration during Fat Quarter month! I ahve thoroughly enjoyed it and have found a new appreciation for Fat Quarters!

26. Lori Krause says:

I too am sorry that it’s coming to an end so many great projects and ideas!

Lori

27. Jessica says:

Oh no! FQ Month is almost over :( I have had a great time reading all of the tutorials, project inspirations, and stash interviews. Thanks so much, SMS for such a great theme month!!

28. kbonikowsky says:

I enjoyed every day of Fat Quarter month. Thank you!

29. JulieK says:

I believe I’ve had more fun with fat quarter month than any other special month! I will really miss it. I wish it was a regular feature! Thanks so much for all the yummy ideas!

30. suzi says:

I loved the fat quarter month! There are lots of projects I want to do now.

31. Dani says:

I loved your Fat Quarter Month! I hate to see it go. I also LOVED your Fat Quarter Swap! It was so much fun. I sent out mine immediately and just received my last one yesterday. It was cool to never know what to expect from each one. My brain has been swirling as I try to imagine what each piece will become. I posted about the swap on my blog and shared photos of the pieces I received. http://kittskrafts.blogspot.com/ I can’t wait to participate in another one!
    =^..^=

32. Betsy M says:

This was a Great month of tutorials. Thanks.

33. Deborah Ocasio says:

I so enjoyed this month immensely. Every day I couldn’t wait to click on the site and see what projects I can do with my fat quarters. i am looking forward to the next month!!! What projects lie ahead :) Thank You soomuch

34. Ellen B says:

I’m sorry to see Fat Quarter Month come to an end. It’s been quite fun!

35. Deanne says:

Thanks for the link for folding, my stash can always use some help in this area!

36. Java Jane says:

What a fabulous month it has been! Thank you so much for being such a constant source of inspiration.

With warmest regards,
    Jane

37. Helena says:

Thanks. This month has been great.

38. jenny says:

Just wanted to say that I LOVED this month! Thank you for all of the inspiration!!

39. Peta-Jane says:

What a wonderful and inspiring month it has been on SMS ! The fat quarter swap has bben fun and I have “met”some lovely ladies via participating. I can’t wait to see what next month will bring ,

40. Leigh says:

no links to tutorials or anything, but just a thanks for a great month! I’ve loved all the projects you’ve shared, and all the stashes you’ve shown us!!!

41. Lynne in NC says:

I have really enjoyed this month highlighting “how tos” with Fat Quarters. Thanks so much.

42. April says:

It is sad that FQ month is coming to an end. I learned so much about something I never even thought I would be able to use. The tutorials were great. Thank you!

43. Helen says:

I’ve really enjoyed seeing all the ideas for fat quarters this month – I’m just catching up after losing my internet connection! I recently posted a tutorial for a jewellery roll using 3 fat quarters on my blog: http://angharadhandmade.blogspot.com/2009/02/jewellery-roll-tutorial.html

Thanks for all the great ideas!

44. Shellyfish says:

I can’t believe this is the end of FQ Month! February has never gone by so fast!

45. Kara says:

Thanks for the link to the quilting month archives. I sew, but I have never made a quilt and I am thinking of trying my hand at it. This should help.

46. Danielle says:

So sad that fat quarter month is over!