|We have lots of interviews to share throughout Fat Quarter Month. As we planned for February, all of the fat quarter talk led us to think about our own fabric collections (how we purchase, store and use fabric…). We asked many of our favorite sewists to tell us about their fabric stash and we’ll share their interviews and pictures in upcoming weeks. We want to hear from you too!|
We started a new Fabric Stash & Storage group on Flickr. You can also answer any or all of the questions below on your blog. Once you post, come back and
add the link in the box below for easy browsing (we’re trying something new!) add your link to the comments.
- What do you usually sew?
- When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)
- Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?
- Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?
- Do you iron it?
- How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.)
- Do you have any special folding techniques?
- How do you store your fabric?
- What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash?
- When do you say enough is enough?
- What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
- Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it!
- What’s your definition of the perfect stash? (Consider sharing a picture or two of your stash & storage, or direct us to a pic on Flickr!)
We’re excited to hear what you have to say!
Edited 2/5/09: We were having troubles with Mr. Linky and the rest of the posts, so we’ve disabled it. If you already commented, your link is in this list. I apologize for losing your comments, but rest assured that you are entered into the drawing for the fat quarter packs. If your link isn’t on this list and you’ve answered the stash questions on your blog, please leave a comment below.