Jennifer Paganelli’s new fabric collection, Flower Power, helped inspire our Spring Sewing month. It’s full of romantic and elegant prints in vibrant colors. In honor of Jennifer and her lovely fabrics, we’re having a little contest. We’d like you to show us your flower power! All you have to do is make some fabric flowers and apply them to your favorite things.
Loopy Vintage Florals in Green, Fuchsia & Blue from the Flower Power collection.
- Make your own flowers. You can cut and sew them, applique them or even crochet them. (Lots of tutorials below.)
- Put them on an Easter bonnet, a blouse, a skirt, a handbag, a baby bib– whatever suits your fancy. The items you add your flowers to do not have to be handmade. We’ll be judging only the flowers you create and your inspired use of them.
- Add a picture of your project (or multiple pics) to our Flower Power Contest photo pool.
- Include relevant information in the caption like fabric and pattern details or blog links (maybe you’ll write about the project on your blog or maybe you’ve used a tutorial from another blog to create your flowers, etc.).
- Maximum two entries per person.
- Entries are due in the pool by April 25th.
- Judging will be done by the Sew,Mama,Sew! staff, the editorial board and Jennifer Paganelli herself!
- 1 Grand Prize winner receives a $40 gift certificate to Sew,Mama,Sew!
- 4 winners receive packs of 12 fat quarters from the Flower Power collection.
- 3 runners up receive 2 fat quarters from Jennifer Paganelli.
We’ll select images to feature on the blog throughout the month, and we’ll announce winners April 29th.
(PS–Jennifer has a new shop with AMAZING things made with her fabrics! Seriously, you have to check it out. Tunics! Dresses! Pillows! Oh my.)
We gathered some of our favorite flower tutorials to get you started:
||Frayed Flower by Maize at Maize in Montana (Maize notes this tutorial will also be featured in the premiere issue of Green Craft by Sommerset Publications this August.)
And don’t miss this great group of fabric flower tutorials from Wise Craft, Heather Bailey & artsy-crafty babe… Have fun!
||Join us for Spring Sewing in April. Comment to win this week’s prizes from Fiskars/Gingher, a Comfort Grip 45mm Rotary Cutter and a 12-in-1 Sewing Multi-Tool.