Are you an expert with the buttonhole attachment on your machine?

on May 27 | in Contributors | by | with 15 Comments

Edited to add: Thanks for the interest! We’ll get back to you as soon as things settle a bit with the giveaways.

We’re looking for someone interested in creating a tutorial or video about how to use sewing machine buttonhole attachments. You’ll get lots of traffic, some fabric and our everlasting appreciation! Can you teach us all something? Are you an expert? Email [email protected]

15 Responses to Are you an expert with the buttonhole attachment on your machine?

1. Kelly Brown says:

Hi, very nice post. I have been wonder’n bout this issue,so thanks for posting

2. biebs says:

I love my Brother NX400 becuase of his nice buttonholes. (only his power can be stronger is my wish). I’m not an expert and I want to learn even more about making very nice buttonholes.

Greteeing from BIebs

3. kate says:

Oh man, I need this tutorial SOOOO badly!! I currently avoid ANY pattern that involves buttons and have seriously considered HIRING one of the girls from the fabric store to come to my house and teach me how to do it. Please, save the last shred of pride that I have and teach me! :)

4. Janet says:

I would love for someone to do a tutorial for the Pfaff machines.

5. Jenny says:

I’d love to do a video tutorial! You can check out my other video tutorials on my blog on the left side bar :) Let me know if I can help!

6. marsha says:

My machine a MORSE has a build in button holer. 1964

7. my machine has a mode for doing button holes… and i know how to work it very well!

8. Tina Mackey says:

I have an automatic buttonhole foot. It’s super easy to use, but I would absolutely love to create a tutorial!

9. Penny says:

I’d love to do it with my Bernina! Let me know!

10. the4rs says:

Cheaper and older machines don’t have attachments, My Elna does a bar tack approach, which is probably the most common one out there, I am a Home Ec Teacher and have shown it hundreds of times… I would accept the challenge…

11. Amanda says:

beth –

I can do it without the attachment….does that help?

12. Gabrielle says:

Yes, I can do this for you. My dad is a videographer and we have done other tutorials for our own site, Shop Wise Bags. I have three different machines, a Bernina, a Pfaff and a Viking, which one would you like the tutorial for and in what format (I’m assuming Quicktime, but let me know)

Let me know if you want me to get to work on this for you, it would be my pleasure!

13. Vicki says:

I’d be willing to do this!

14. Jenna Z says:

I can make a tutorial on how to use my Janome’s buttonholer! It is so super simple!

15. Tammy says:

My buttonhole attachment is old (from the 60’s) but I’m willing! I don’t know how it would compare with buttonhole attachments that are being sold these days though!