Have you visted the forum lately?

on May 14 | in Etc... | by | with 20 Comments

Do you have a question about a sewing technique, pattern or fabric? Do you want to show off your latest creation? Do have a swap or contest to announce? The forum is the place to be! It’s a supportive sewing community where you can ask a question like this one about backstitching and get tons of great responses! Here are just a few fun threads and projects from the forum:
Elastic thread tips
Ottobre magazine questions (plus some good Ottobre tips)
Thoughts about Portabellopixie Sewing Patterns (plus more in the archives with pics)
Secrets to “preserving” clothing patterns for multiple uses
How do you know if you can sell something you’ve made with someone’s pattern?
What color thread do you use most often?

FP514091.jpg

Skirt by Marie Grace, Marie Grace Designs (seen in Look What I Made! in the forum)

Check out this Oliver + S outfit, add your favorite sewing blogs and look at Marie’s great skirt (above) from a Japanese pattern book (with her source info & feedback in the discussion) and Mara’s new tote (below).

FP514092.jpg

Tote by Mara, kleio’s belly (seen in Look What I Made! in the forum)

20 Responses to Have you visted the forum lately?

1. leslie says:

this forum has been a godsend to me. i have had every question i have ever asked answered. it is a wonderful source of information and experience(which i have very little of) but i am learning! thanks to these girls, ladies on this forum. very supportive.

2. Chyann says:

I love that skirt… The pockets are adorable.

3. mara says:

thanks so much for featuring my bag and to everyone for stopping by my blog! how nice to have so many visitors!

4. Ruth says:

Wow, I had not visited the forums before—lots of good stuff there!!!!

5. Melanie says:

Me, too. I’m living under a rock, I don’t think I’ve ever used the forums. I guess I will have to do that soon.

6. Jennifer says:

I go to the forum when I need help with something. It’s very helpful!

7. Susan says:

Wow, forums? Have to get over there…and how does one enter the Friday freebies?

8. Bethany says:

That skirt is absolutely adorable! I love the little pocket!

9. Helena says:

Thanks for pointing it out.I guess I will click my way over…

10. Mrs. JP says:

I’m going to the forums. That skirt is so cute but my favorite is that yellow/white fabric on the tote!

11. Christina says:

I am so thankful for the forums. I’ve gotten lots of inspiration from them. I love the Marie Grace skirt, how cute!

12. Kara says:

Thanks for the reminder – I’ve been wondering about Ottobre magazine myself, and it was nice to have some information about it given in the forum.

13. I haven known you had a forum, will go an take a look

I think the tote bag is very nice, and very well made.

Ale

14. Where have I been? I had no idea there were forums – or maybe I knew and forgot. They look great! Thanks for the post.

15. Ananda says:

I’ve only recently started checking out the forum. There are so many knowedgable women there!

16. lynn whelan says:

Hi!
    I’m the asker of the first highlighted question and I just want to say that it is SO nice to have a place that I can go to with just about any question and get answers so quickly and easily. It really helps a wannabe sewer such as myself have the confidence to try new things.

thank you all!!!
    lynn

17. Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

That skirt would be so cute on my daughter. I love the fabric choices.

18. Emily Callan says:

Thanks so much. I am new to your blog; so I didn’t know about the forum. Looks very informative.

19. tanja says:

Shame on me, it’s too long ago since I looked up something at the forum. But the topics you’ve picked teasing us are so interesting, I just hopped over and had a look. (But in Germany it’s deepest night right now, so I am going to read the threads tomorrow and go to sleep right now!)

20. Kristin says: