Remember Giveaway Day in December? In case you were busy planning for the holidays and missed it, we coordinated one day when everyone with a shop or blog could give something away. We listed all the participants here to create one master list. Our last Giveaway Day was a great success. We’ve taken your suggestions to make our May Giveaway Day even better! This time we’re encouraging everyone to leave their giveaways open for several days to give readers a more relaxed browsing experience, and we’ll provide some more structure with categories and international shipping info.
We’re letting you know early so you can finish up that special project, sort through your supplies (one person’s “this old thing” might be another person’s most treasured fabric/supply) and so you can just generally get super-excited about May 27th!
Why do it?
Readers benefit because a) they get exposed to blogs with great ideas; b) they get directed to shops with wonderful items; c) they get the opportunity to win a cool handmade prize; d) they know exactly when to tune in! Participants benefit because a) they get new readers (many participants in 2008 had hundreds of comments); b) they get potential shoppers; c) they can experience the joy of giving something they’ve made to a virtual friend. Want to play? Here are some guidelines:
- Your give-away item must be either handmade (for example, soap, jewelry, bags, marshmallows), or something that can be used for making handmade gifts (for example, buttons, ribbons, candle wax, etc.)
- You need to write a post about the item and ask visitors to comment on that post. This must be posted no later than 9 a.m. eastern on May 27th. Please note this change from last time: We’re checking the links at 9 a.m. eastern and if there isn’t a giveaway post we’ll delete you from the list. You can post the night before if you want to be sure to remember!
- Decide how you want to choose the winner (random, best answer to a question, etc.).
- State in the post whether you’ll ship the item internationally.
- Leave your giveaway open until May 31. This gives plenty of time for people to visit you.
- Ship your item by June 3, one week from Giveaway Day.
- Spread the word! Make May 27th a giveaway day all over blogland! If you’d like, grab our button and link back to this post to let your readers know you’ll be participating. The code gets wonky when we post it here, so here is the image url: http://www.sewmamasew.com/media/blog/MayGiveawayDay.jpg and here is the link url: http://www.sewmamasew.com/?p=805
Want to participate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 25th. Please include the following info:
- Blog/Shop URL (the URL where people will find your giveaway post)
- Blog/Shop name (the blog/shop name where people will find your giveaway post)
- Tell us your location and whether you’ll ship internationally
- Category for your giveaway (pick one): Handcrafted Item(s), Handcrafted Item(s)+Supplies/Materials, Sewing Supplies/Materials, Knitting Supplies/Materials, Other Craft Supplies/Materials, Homemade Food
On May Giveaway Day we’ll post a master list of participants on our blog. Stop by to verify your information, explore other sites and try your luck at winning a great giveaway!