Christmas in July ~ Tons of Ideas!

on July 29 | in Sewing Inspiration | by | with 8 Comments

In the spirit of getting things done early (& the corresponding calm come Christmas-time), take a look at some of our favorite holiday tutorials from the archives. It’s supposed to be over 100 degrees today here in the Pacific Northwest but we still think it would be fun to work on some ornaments (with our feet in the kiddie pool)!

Deck the Halls

Woodland Mushroom, Holly & Pinecone Ornaments

Gifts for Friends & Family
Want to get a jump on holiday gifts too? Don’t miss this wealth of crafty ideas:

Rice Heat Therapy Bag, part of the Wellness Bag how-to in our gift compilation post (link above).

8 Responses to Christmas in July ~ Tons of Ideas!

1. Paula says:

My sewing friend and I actually HAD Christmas in July on Sunday! (Yes, we are still eating the leftovers). If this had been posted a few weeks ago, we could have had some of those adorable woodland ornaments made to display as part of our decorations. Plenty of time to get some ready for Christmas in December. :)

2. Alissa says:

I have used your gift lists more than anything on the site, I believe. I love getting inspired by the fun ideas!

3. Amy says:

That rice pillow is on the top of my Christmas list this year.

4. Curry says:

Thanks for all the great ideas!

5. Kelli says:

It’s a great idea to post these ideas now! I used the wellness bag idea for my sister last year and she LOVED it! It was a big hit!

6. I think the rice heat therapy bag is the perfect gift (and I’m making one for me as well), although thinking of anything hot here in the central valley of California is not very pleasant. But it won’t be this hot forever, and the bag will be a great gift.

7. Helena says:

Yea, ideas. I need to get to work we have a large family. Thanks for reminding us of Your master holiday lists.

8. Danielle says:

I am sitting here surrounded by sewing books and patterns. Making a plan for my stitching gifts was on today’s agenda. Your post is very timely! Thanks!