Summer Skirt Sew-Along

on July 16 | in Sew-Alongs, Summer Skirt Sew-Along | by | with 10 Comments

Our forum hostess Irene started a Summer Skirt Sew-Along! Visit the forum for details, resources and to sign up.

Additional resources via the blog: Skirt Group & Skirt Tutorials

10 Responses to Summer Skirt Sew-Along

1. Andrea says:

I have finished my skrit for this but I am unable to upload a picture in the forum. Computers have never been my thing, the link is here
    I used some very broght Ikea fabric. i have already cut out another one ready to make up.

2. Andrea says:

I also have some skirts in the pipeline too for this. I enjoyed the block along last year so I am looking forward to this too.

3. Rebekah says:

Wow! This is great for me! I have 4 skirts already cut out for my girls and for me! I am sew excited!

4. Rae says:

I am going to make a skirt for me and one for my granddaughter.

5. Curry says:

I’m working on an a-line skirt at the moment. I’d love to try making a gored skirt next. Will check out the forum. Thanks!

6. Kelli says:

I’m on vacation, but will surely check it out when I get home to my newly repaired and “hopefully” ready to run machine!!

7. Hello Skirts!

8. Steph W says:

Oh, one of my favorite parts of summer! Yeah!

9. Wendy P says:

I made my Summer skirt from New Look pattern number 6843. I made it with a linen type pale turquoise cotton that has chocolate brown octagons all over. I tapered it down also.

This straight line skirt works best for me because I am less than 5’4″ and “voluptuous” (or need to lose about 25 pounds) and a flaired skirt makes me look wider.

My advice on making your own skirt: pattern sizes are not the same as store sizes. If you are size 10 off the rack, you probably need to make at least a size 12 with the pattern. I would say cut size 14 and pare it down to fit you. It is so frustrating to make your first skirt only to find it is too tight.

10. Helena says: