IBOL ~ Thank you!

on September 1 | in Sew Good (Charity Sewing) | by | with 35 Comments

Today we sent 161 IBOLs to Iraq.  Thank you for your contributions!  We were touched by the overwhelming response and stunned by how quickly all the bundles sold.  If you are still planning on sending your own IBOL, this is the week to do it!  Please check the IBOL blog for details about building your bundle and shipping it to the new IBOL receiving warehouse.  Thanks again to Art La Flamme for organizing this project.

My 7-year-old packaged all the notions.

And even the baby was a big help. ;-)

35 Responses to IBOL ~ Thank you!

1. Lauren says:

I love this project and all that it stands for. I’ve endured two of my husband’s deployments and the post office became my least favorite chore, kudos to whoever filled out all those forms!

2. Christie says:

Wow this is an incredible outpouring! Along with a girlfriend who helped out with the cost of postage, we mailed out 3 boxes of clothing fabric!

3. emtdlb says:

I sent 3 boxes of fabric and supplies thanks to some generous people at church and also a box of yarn and knitting needles. If I had the money for shipping I would have sent more, it was so much fun. I am so glad we have the ability to help. Thanks to IBOL guy for letting us be involved in something so worthwhile and fun!!!!!

4. Kate Glahn says:

Can we use regular Priority Mail boxes? I’ve been waiting to assemble my bundle til I could get special box — but if it’s just a regular Priority Mail box than I can do it tonight!

5. Sue Caswell says:

I sure am hopeful that this will get the mailing address for IBOL to me. I received an email through my guild detailing the project and I’m ready to send a box. I grew up in the Middle East and would love to know I am giving something back for all the kindnesses I received as a child. Thanks for everything you do, along with your fellow servicemen.

Sue Caswell
    Chestertown, MD

6. Marsha says:

Awesome, just absolutely awesome. It is amazing how one person can come up with an idea that will make a difference in folks lives. It is also amazing to see how this project spread and the response it had. I sent a IBOL through SMS and then sent one on my own. I am tempted to get another out before the deadline.
    thanks for what you and your adorable children have accomplished
    Marsha in Va Beach

7. georgia says:

I couldn’t believe how quickly they sold either!! They sold so fast I didn’t get a chance to buy one:(

8. sue says:

i just love that you are doing this. i am sad that i caught on so late. being in jersey i hope that i can still make the deadline. i am a new sewer and bought a lot of fabric that i can’t work with now and i inherited a lot of notions from my grandmother that would take years to use. i hope that someone will be able to use them! :)

9. Rae says:

awwww- your kids are great. I can just see your 7 year old’s “what I did on summer vacation”
    I sent 2 bundles of my own and get enjoyment thinking of the recipients.

10. PenguitoSmile says:

That is so great! And the pictures are super cute too!

11. Amber says:

Yeah!!

12. Ilona says:

It’s such a great initiative!

13. SuzAnn says:

Makes me cry just looking at the photos. Thanks for helping this project happen!

14. Magpie Sue says:

Aww, too cute! We so appreciate you making it possible for our non-quilting friends to participate in this effort too. My sister isn’t a quilter but ordered up one of your IBOL boxes when I told her about the project :- )

15. happy zombie says:

I am in awe! Your generosity to make it so affordable, your time, your kids, your global kindness… it just makes me weepy happy. All those boxes coming from Oregon… that’s gravy!

16. qsogirl says:

wow!! what an impressive number of contributions!

17. Kelli says:

I sent my own off yesterday! I found out about the project the day before y’all posted about it and thought it was so great. It was truly kind and inspiring of y’all to put these bundles together and at such a great price. That is just another reason I love Sew Mama Sew and always come here first! Like I always say, y’all are awesome!

18. kern says:

Thank you so much for doing this!

19. lisa Swan says:

WoW! I don’t even know what to say! this is AMAZING!! You are doing sucha great thing!! I wish I could see the MAJ jam all these in his car!! Hehe

20. Mary McCain says:

I”m really grateful for the opportunity to help out in this way — I’m such a procrastinator that I’m afraid I would have let the deadline come and go without your IBOLs — many, many thanks!! And super-cute kids, there!!

21. One of those is from me (along with another 5 that I sent from home … ) ~ SO awesome to see all those bundles stacked and ready to go (and I LOVE how the kiddos helped out!)

MOST EXCELLENT!!!!

22. Krystina says:

Wow! That’s awesome!

23. Marisa says:

Wow! You guys rock! We’ll be putting a box together this week…. But probably only one. ;)

24. Elizabeth says:

Thank you for supporting a great project and for making it so easy for others to contribute as well! :)

25. Aparna says:

WOW!!! I am impressed.

26. Grace says:

AWESOME! I am sending my bundle today.

27. mara says:

So awesome!! Congrats to all on the good work!

28. Java Jane says:

This is so heartwarming! It is an honor to participate in this project.

Here’s to making quilts, not war!

Jane

29. Mary Ann says:

By the time I got here you were sold out so I just had to go shopping in my stash! 2 boxes on there way. But I wanted to say thank you for organizing such a fabulous response. IBOL…what a good cause no matter how we made it happen!Oh and the kiddies…way cute!

30. Fitzy says:

It only takes ONE person to make a change.

WOW

31. Muriel says:

I sent my homemade bundle out today as well! Thanks for introducing the project to us!

32. ErikaJean says:

super cute! You are awesome for helping in such a big way!!

33. IBOL Guy says:

Seriously, that has to be the cutest thing ever.

34. Kristin L says:

I am so impressed by the baby’s ability to write IB

35. amanda says:

So awesome!!! I am so impressed that you guys organized such a huge contribution to that amazing project.

And by the by, it’s fun to see people in these pictures as well as a slice of the SMS locale…I think a virtual tour of SMS would be way cool…