Introducing ~ Huan-Hua

on September 8 | in Contributors | by | with 10 Comments

From Beth: Huan-Hua has some amazing knitting and sewing skills. She just moved and is super-busy, but took time to review The Sabrina Tunic for us. Visit Feather and Fan and don’t miss her review, coming up next.

From Huan-Hua: I’m originally from California and have spent the past few years in the Midwest—first Indiana, now Wisconsin. I started knitting a few years ago, and from there fell into pattern design, spinning, and sewing, in an old-woman-who-swallowed-a-fly type of fiber arts chain reaction. (Let us not speak of the related hobbies of amassing large amounts of yarn, spinning fiber, fabric, and all related tools of the trade.) My grandmother is a master seamstress who would undoubtedly be completely horrified if she ever got a good look at the construction of one of my garments. My eventual goal is to sew a garment whose hems will not bring shame on the House of Chye.

10 Responses to Introducing ~ Huan-Hua

1. ~Helena~ says:

My grandmother made me tons of clothes growing up, wish she was still around(she could really help me) now that I’m trying to learn. Although I think she knows, she bought my machine before she past away. :)

2. Huan-Hua says:

Hi Dawn! It’s nice to hear from you! sadly, I didn’t really start sewing till moving to the Midwest, so I missed out on a lot of the SF crafty fun… anyway, congrats again on the nuptials and say hi to Jason for me!

3. Dawn B says:

Wow! So great to see a familiar name and face! How did I not know you were such a crafty maven? I should have guessed after the fantastic food art party years ago. I can’t wait to see more from you.

4. Audrie says:

My grandmother’s an amazing seamstress too and I’m afraid of her looking at my work for the same reason lol!

5. Huan-Hua says:

Thanks everyone for the comments/welcomes!
    CAMIE! How cool to hear from you via this site. I hope everything is going well for you guys.

6. Now that I have a new machine, I want to get back into making my own clothes.
    I think a few lessons might be a smart idea though, I was never that great with finishing.

Debbie

7. Margie says:

Welcome Huan-Hua. Your knitting is lovely.

8. Camie says:

Hi Huan Hua!! So glad to hear you are still knitting and crocheting! You are so inspiring! I read this blog, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing more of you here. I hope you are well!
    Camie

9. Corvus says:

Your goal speaks to me. Must improve sewing -and particularly finishing- skills!

10. Lisa says:

Looks like you have some large shoes to walk in Huan-Hua!

I like to think we all have our stashes from past hobbies that have lead us to our current love. I never like to let go of the old things because you never know when those things might work their way back into your life! lol