It’s time for a new Guest Fat Quarter Pack Designer! Today Elizabeth Hartman selects a bright, crisp, springtime group featuring black and white prints with a mix of yellows and chartreuse. Elizabeth uses these same prints in each of her upcoming Sew-Along Quilt Blocks. Every Monday throughout Quilting Month II Elizabeth will share a new block; today’s Sew-Along (coming up next) shows you how to make some fun triangle variations! Elizabeth will also use the prints for the upcoming Spiderweb Block Sew-Along, a Dresden Plate Block Sew-Along and a Cross Block Sew-Along, all here on the blog this month.
You know Elizabeth from her popular Oh, Fransson! blog, and her fantastic series of posts here at Sew,Mama,Sew! throughout 2009 (from the Pincushion Organizer to the Stack & Nest Blocks, plus ten more fun projects). Elizabeth is a phenomenal quilter, and so generous in sharing her knowledge too (check out her ongoing Paintbox Quilt-Along). Visit Oh, Fransson! for Quilt Making Basics, Quilt Patterns, Quilt-Alongs and much more. We always love Elizabeth’s fresh, modern, colorful approach to quilting!
- I love black and white prints and think they’re a great choice for Spring quilting. (Though, to be fair, I think they’re a great choice for quilting most any time of year!) The clean, bright look of the black and white prints with the chartreuse and yellow remind me of Springtime in Portland. It may still be raining, but the days are longer and brighter, with an occasional hint of sunshine and new leaves.
- Second Row
- Dot Black ~ Attitude Girls
- Honeycomb Sunglow ~ Modern Meadow
- Huevos Gray ~ Michael Miller
- Third Row
- Napsack Sunglow ~ Modern Meadow
- Nancy Black ~ So St. Croix
- Bird Swing Gray ~ Michael Miller
- Fourth Row
- Dumb Dot Black ~ Michael Miller
- Herringbone Grass ~ Modern Meadow, out of stock
- Divine Damask Gray ~ Michael Miller, out of stock
The Elizabeth Hartman Mix Fat Quarter Packs are available in the shop. Buy your pack and then check back later this morning for Elizabeth’s first Quilting Month II Sew-Along Block! UPDATE: WE’LL HAVE MORE OF THESE AVAILABLE ON WEDNESDAY. TWO OF THE PRINTS WILL BE DIFFERENT, BUT ALSO CHOSEN BY ELIZABETH SO THEY COORDINATE PERFECTLY.
Comment below for a chance to win one of these fat quarter packs! What will you make with your Elizabeth Hartman Mix Fat Quarter Packs?
» Products » Guest FQ Pack Designer ~ Elizabeth...