Elizabeth Hartman Block Sew-Along Highlights

on May 4 | in Quilt Block Sew-Along, Sew-Alongs | by | with 13 Comments

Our weekly Quilting Month II block tutorials from Elizabeth have all been posted, but you can sew-along any time! Need a challenge? Need a snazzy, new pillow top? Are you itching to start a new lap quilt? Check out Elizabeth’s blocks and join along:

spacer Simple Triangle Block Sew-Along
spacer Spiderweb Block Sew-Along
spacer Wonky Cross Block Sew-Along
spacer Dresden Plate Block Sew-Along

Here are a couple of sew-along participants we noticed in the forum:

#5410BAF1.jpg title=

Spiderweb Block Pillow by Alex, Teaginny Designs

Alex from Teaginny Designs made this Spiderweb Block pillow with Elizabeth’s tutorial. Alex wrote about the pillow on her blog during Quilting Month II!

#5410BAF2.jpg title=

All Four Blocks! by Melissa, We are Corrys

Melissa from We are Corrys completed all four sew-along blocks! Don’t they look great hanging in a row?! You can find more about Melissa’s individual blocks on her blog here, here and here.

What should we do for our next sew-along?!

13 Responses to Elizabeth Hartman Block Sew-Along Highlights

1. Marcelle says:

Elizabeth’s tutorials were all great. Thanks!!! I like the Dresden plate most and am going to try it when I have some free time.

2. ~Helena~ says:

Great job, I only got the triangle one done, I do have a spider web quilt in progress but slightly larger. I’m just to slow posting this kind of stuff.

3. Beth Gracie says:

that’s so weird…my maiden name is elizabeth hartman! now i’m elizabeth gracie.

4. For the next sew along, try to have enough stock of the designer’s fabric choices to use to follow along.
    The sew along was great.

5. Christine says:

I like the spiderweb block, too! Your sewing is very neat and precise. Good job!

6. Sara says:

The spiderweb block looks really cool: P

7. Vicky Vallieres says:

I especially like the spider web block with the black, white, and lime fabric…I haven’t tried it yet as I’m working on 2 other quilting projects but it’s next on thew list…

8. Melissa says:

I am so flattered to have my work featured here. It was such a great Quilting month and Elizabeth does such amazing tutorials that it made learning all of these new blocks a breeze! Thanks again, Elizabeth!

Terriaw, your projects are beautiful! I love the color wheel Dresden Plate!!

9. upstatelisa says:

they are wonderful… all of them!

10. Katrina H says:

I really like the pink version of the mini quilts.

11. Terriaw says:

I had a lot of fun making all the blocks too! (I blogged about them at: http://terrisnotebook.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/patchwork-progress/). I don’t have them all quilted yet, but it was a great patchwork project to try each one of them, especially since I was able to keep up. My favorite was definitely the dresden plate. I love seeing other people’s versions too.

12. Meghan says:

These look amazing! I used Elizabeth’s spiderweb tutorial to make some potholders for my swap partner, but I don’t have pictures uploaded yet.

13. Emilee says:

I know Melissa! And she’s amazing! How exciting to be featured here on Sew, Mama, Sew!