We all have a few sewing tricks up our sleeves. They’re things we learned from our moms, our sewing instructors or through painful trial and error. Bloggers are always writing tutorials for new bags, placemats or kids’ toys, but few people take the time to write about the simple way they turn a tube or make the perfect bow. We think it’s high time we document our favorite sewing tricks and we’d love to gather as many of those tips as possible in one place.
Did your Grandma teach you the best way to hand sew a button? Can you insert a shirt sleeve in the wink of an eye? Do you know the perfect way to bind a quilt? Can you hem beautifully? Do you have sewing tools you can’t live without? Please, write about it or any other skill you think every sewist should know. Share photos or video and details about how to do it on your blog, Flickr, or our forum. Later in the month, we’ll round up your links and organize them for easy reference.
A few guidelines:
- Title your post My Favorite Sewing Tip–Sewing a Button or My Favorite Sewing Tip–Turning a Tube, etc.
- If you don’t have a blog, you can do a Flickr tutorial or write about it on our forum in this thread.
- When you’re done, come back here and link to your post in the comments on this page.
- Include a link to this post in your introduction so readers know where to go to find more great tips!
- Post your tip and tell us about it by May 20.
- We’ll feature some of our favorite tips and a comprehensive list the last full week of May.
Share your wisdom! We can’t wait to learn from you!
» Etc... » Favorite Sewing Tips ~ Call for...