A personal message from Kristin

on August 30 | in Etc... | by | with 149 Comments

Hey, everyone!  We need your happy thoughts and good wishes.

You might not know that behind the scenes Beth, our blog editor, does most of the work.  She lines up contributors, brainstorms ideas, formats the posts and does most of the writing.  I don’t know what we’d do without her.  Beth and I met through the blog  over three years ago.  Asking her to work with me was the best decision I ever made.  If you’ve had the chance to correspond with Beth (hundreds of you!) you know that she is exceptionally nice, organized and enthusiastic.

I’m sure it will come as a surprise to you to learn that for the last 11 weeks Beth has been doing all the blog work while lying on her side in bed.  Yes, she is 31 weeks into a pregnancy that has been fraught with complications and she has been on bedrest for 11 weeks already.  Nine more weeks to go.

If it was me, the boredom, anxiety, frustration and discomfort would have crippled me somewhere around day 5.  (No sewing or knitting or crafts!) Beth, however, has been optimistic and accepting of her difficult situation.  She has been simply grateful for every day that passes that brings her closer to holding her baby in her arms.

Still, it is a difficult situation.  She has a son at home and it’s hard to care for him.  It is impossible to keep your spirits up all the time, which is why I’m writing to you today.  She needs a little lift from her friends in the sewing world.  If you believe in prayer or the power of collective well-wishes, she would appreciate it.  If you have an experience to share or a word of encouragement to offer, I know she’d love to hear it.  You can write to her directly ([email protected]) or comment here.  Thank you for your help.

149 Responses to A personal message from Kristin

1. Elaine says:

:) Beth! We appreciate you and want to thank you for making this forum such a wonderful place!

I can’t imagine my life without this site-I LOVE it!

God bless you, as you obediently rest when you’d rather be up and cleaning etc.

I will pray for you! It may seem like a long time now-but,OH it will be SO worth it!

We can’t wait to see your little one! What lovely things you will be able to sew for your little one!

Thank YOU, Beth!!!!!

God bless and let us know if you need anything!!!

:) Elaine Barnett

2. Mama Lusco says:

Praying for your safety, Beth, and your precious baby. Thank you for all you do for the SMS blog – it’s one of my daily reads. As a long-time OB nurse and mom who’s needed bedrest – I feel your pain! The days will drag on but each one brings you closer to meeting your little one. Keep resting and growing that baby!

3. Eileen says:

Prayers going up for you! I am a NICU nurse and I have been in your shoes also. Bedrest is not fun and it is even harder with another child to care for but soon you will be up and about rocking your new little one. Good luck to all of you!

4. Elizabeth says:

Good luck with your pregnancy…we all appreciate everything you do!

5. gillian says:

Beth,

a) Isn’t it great that there is so much to do in bed? The whole internet! Just for you! So much better than being on bed rest in 1990.

b) Won’t exercise seem amazingly appealing after being forbidden for so long? Is there some kind of physical activity you’ve always wanted to do? Sign up for a class now to start in a few months!

c) Hang in there!

6. Jill says:

Wow, best wishes to you and your growing family! My prayers go out to you for a happy, healthy little baby. Many thanks for all you do at this blog, but you need to take care of yourself and the little one right now. Don’t worry, we’ll be here when you get back!

7. ktquilts says:

Praying for you! You know this is going to be soooooo worth it the moment you kiss those little toes!!!!

Blessings,

KT

8. sigrid says:

Wow Beth – My thoughts are with you … and I wanted to say that you just soooo impress me… Good luck to you.

9. Enchie says:

Hi Beth, you will be in thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

10. grapeshape says:

Beth, thank you for all you do here. Sometimes I turn to Sew, Mama, Sew! when I’m going through something tough and need a ray of sunshine. I hope in a small way, this post can return the favor. Sending all the best to you and yours, E

11. Pamela says:

Hang in there, Beth! My prayers are with you for peace, comfort, and health!

12. Dana says:

In a little bit, you will be so tired, that bed will look inviting. You’ll be so tired because your new little one will be keeping you up and demanding your time. It will all seem worth it. Just keep talking to the baby and telling her how much you love her, and you’re proving it. Think how great it will be to say that when she’s driving you crazy as a teenager. Most of us just get to say “I carried you for nine months” or “I was in labor for 200 hours”, you can really lay the it on.

13. marilyn podoll says:

Beth…Hang in there….Wishing you comfort and good health for you and the baby.

14. Terriaw says:

Wow, this sounds so tough to go through! My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish I could come by to offer an extra hand or just some company. Hang in there!

15. Abby says:

My thoughts are with you. I appreciate everything you do for Sew Mama, and I hope the next weeks find you well. I know you can’t craft, and TV gets old fast…have you tried listening to audio books? A good one might just be the thing that gets you through. Good luck!

16. QSOgirl says:

Hi Beth,
    I just wanted to add to the others’ remarks that I am praying for you (and I’m also super-impressed with all that you’ve been doing behind the scenes in the midst of an uncomfortable situation). May God bless you, your baby, and your family during this time!
    ~Natalie

17. Ah Beth, I am praying for you and your family. You are a great mom! You are doing what you need to do for your kiddos and that is a wonderful example to your kids/husband and all who know you. May God bless you and your family. May he bring your child into the world, healthy and strong. May he keep your heart and mind in peace. I am honored to know your story.

18. Barbara says:

Hi Beth! Amazing job you’re doing in every front! It won’t be long now and then there will be no more rest! ;) Wishing you all the berst in the world and just think that after the last big push that marvelous baby will be in your arms! I have two little ones and I know how special it will be for you too! Lots of love!
    Barbara

19. Clair says:

I am a total believer in positive thought – hang in there Beth and know that we are all sending you much love and best wishes!

20. Keep your chin up. You will get through this. As soon as you see that sweet baby, you will forget about all the bedrest and feel nothing but joy and warmth, knowing it was all worth it in the end. Wishing you all the best!

21. Claire says:

Beth, I am a child of 13 and big sis to 3 boys and a baby girl. Now, I love this blog. I love the fabric, I love the posts, I love everything. Therefore,because I love this blog, I shall pray for you every night and I hope you you are up and at ‘em very soon.

Claire

22. to beth~ prayer to God sent up for a healthy baby, a loving husband and that God brings you patience to wait it out. :)

23. Dana B. says:

Beth-
    I am in awe of your strength and courage. I’m 32 weeks along with #3 and have a hard time with joint pain just after a night’s worth of sleep. You prove that love conquers all, and your children will learn from your wonderful example. I hope that these wishes renew your spirit and pull you through these last few weeks.
    We all appreciate your dedication to the blog and wish you the best in all you do!

24. Cheryl says:

God Bless you Beth! Before you know it the baby will be in your arms, and this time will be a distant memory. You and your family are in our prayers.

Take care, Cheryl

25. Stephanie says:

Hang in there. You can do this!

26. Cinnamon says:

Oh, my heart goes out to you! I’ll be thinking of you Beth, for the next 9 weeks. Take care of yourself.

27. Helena says:

Beth, my prayers are with you. I had a difficult pregnancy last year, and had to spend time in the hospital quite sick. I would do it all again in an instant, my baby daughter was worth every second, so hang in there. It seems really hard now, but will be worth it once you have that little one in your arms.

28. I too was a victim of the dreaded “bed rest!” It’s hard to believe that there was actually a time where I was anxious to get OUT of bed! Soon, this will be behind you and your new little one will run you ragged! All I can say is online movies and dvds got me though. Also, recomended to me was playing handheld games (I didn’t have a system but the nintendo has some adult puzzle type games) Good luck to you! It will be a distant memory very soon!

29. Allison W. says:

Beth – I am praying for your continued physical, emotional and mental strength. What a joyous day when you get to hold your baby! I would love to send you a handmade crocheted baby blanket if you feel comfortable sharing your address and the gender of your baby.
    Hang in there girl!!!!

30. suesue says:

I know I don’t need to tell you how worth it it is to take of yourself. Having 4 children has been the most wonderful creation I’ve ever made! Each day brings you closer to the wonderful gift from God. I know it must be especially hard for your little boy. Sending you prayers and good wishes for each day you face and for a beautiful outcome!!

31. Monica says:

All the best wishes to you, Beth. Hope you are using this time to think about all of the wonderful things that you will be crafting in the future – and all of the wonderful things that you will tell your baby. Be sure to tell your baby about how many good friends you have (including those like me, who have never met you!) and how many people are sending good thoughts to you and your whole family.

32. Sarah S says:

Beth,
    The blog has been fantastic lately. Done on your side while on bedrest? You’re amazing! I wish you and your baby health and a nice long gestational age. Please know that your work here is so appreciated, and the work you are doing right not for your baby and your family is invaluable. Lots of love!

33. Mare says:

Beth, I’m sending prayers and lots of good good wishes to you and your baby! Keep your mind happy and peaceful and talk to the little one there inside you. It must be very hard, but you can do it! Women are so much stronger than they know.
    hugs, Mare

34. Brandi says:

Hi Beth! I just found SMS about a week ago and have thoroughly enjoyed reading and being inspired!

So sorry this pregnancy has been rough… I had to stay in the hospital for 4 weeks with one of mine, so I definitely feel for you. Try not to look at the time left as a whole, each day that little one is in there does wonders and you are so close!

Best wishes and many prayers for you and your sweet baby. :)

35. carli spielman says:

Beth – I have been on bed rest and it is horribly awful. It is so hard to see the light, see the positive. But I am telling you this:
    in just a few short weeks, you will have in your arms a babe that will have been worth it all. In a few short weeks, all the inner turmoil that you are faced with right now, will melt away. One year from now, this time will have been a tiny, tiny fracture of the life that you have led and will still lead, and it will no longer make you feel broken, I promise you.

I LOVE this blog. As a mother of two, with barely a daytime hour to hit the machines, I savour this blog to get me through the days to get to the night so I can sew.

Thank you for this blog!!

36. Lita says:

Beth, sending you prayers and hugs!
    You can do it. Few more weeks to go ^_^

xoxo,
    Lita

37. Delia says:

Aw, you poor thing! The time will fly by in retrospect. Hang in there!

38. Jeni says:

Hi Beth!

Thanks for everything yo do for this blog! :) Ill be thinking of you over the coming weeks, wishing you and baby all the best!

Here is a photo of some tiny little kittens. It is impossible to be sad when you see them! :D

Take care dear! Sending hugs!

39. SheilaC says:

Sending prayers of good wishes, good health and the thought that time is your friend.

When a friend of mine was in your :exact: situation (with another small child like you too), she found strength focusing on the fact that each minute, each hour, each day, the little one inside of her was getting stronger and stronger. And that the small sacrifice she was making would be rewarded one thousand times over when she saw his smile on his birth day.

HUGS to you!

SheilaC

40. Amber says:

HI Beth – praying for you in this difficult time. What a sacrifice you are making for that new little life inside you and I pray there are people to come alongside you and help out with the “daily life” things. Thank you for all the work you do for all of us and hope we can add a little happiness to your day through all our emails!

41. Emma says:

Beth, thank you SO much for everything you do. I can only imagine how stressful it is being confined to bed rest. You’re so close, GOOD LUCK. I’m sure it will all be worthwhile very soon. Wishing you all the best xox

42. Amy says:

Beth, I can only imagine how hard this must be. You are stressed about caring for your child and you are worried about your growing baby’s health. I pray that your baby benefits from this period of bed rest and that it will all be worth it in 9 (albeit long) weeks when he/she is placed in your arms!

43. Chancy says:

Hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end.

44. courtney says:

you have been doing an AWESOME job for someone who is stuck in bed! i applaud you and your efforts- and just remember that soon soon soon you’ll have a beautiful little baby to hold in your arms! hugs to you!!! thanks so much for the awesome blog!!! keep it up! YOU ROCK!

45. lina says:

Hi Beth, hope the next 9 weeks passes speedily. Your writing and ideas here on the blog certainly inspire lots of us and we appreciate it! Take care of yourself and that little one!

46. Emily says:

Lots of prayers going out for you and your family Beth! Treat yourself to a nice good book (and your son to a nice long movie). A reccomendation? Well certainly! “Ella Minnow Pea” By Mark Dunn (really light harted but smart and cool as well), “The time travler’s wife” by Audrey Niffinegger (just my fav book), or “the red tent” by Anita Diamont (pretty awesome, I think everyone loves this book).

You’ll make it through, one day at a time! Thanks for all the inspiring you do here, but for now it’s time to relax and take the time for yourself! :) We can’t wait for the day you post pictures here of your gorgeous newborn!

47. Lydia says:

I get a ton of inspiration from this blog! I know it takes a lot of hard work!

This is just a season in your life. Each day you are able to hold onto that precious life the more developed and prepared he/she will be to meet you. I know the flip side of the wait game. I am a NICU nurse and I love my job, but would never wish that experience on anyone. So take care of yourself and ask for lots of help! I wish you all the best!

48. Munaiba says:

Good luck Beth. I’ll remember you and your baby in my prayers.

49. Lisa says:

hi Beth! I can’t believe you’ve been keeping up with all this work while on bedrest- you are amazing! You’re in the home stretch of your pregnancy and I hope it all goes well. take care and best wishes to you and your family.

50. shannon says:

Beth! We love you! Oh my gosh…I’m so teary reading all the comments. I have not experienced bedrest myself, so I can only imagine what that must be like. Just take care and know that while this may seem like eternity, it is but a blip in time once baby is born. I’m sure your other little one knows you them. I’ve said a prayer for you, your baby, and family and wish you my very best! Don’t worry about us–just take care of yourself and your baby! :)

51. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers – bless you for doing what’s right for your new little babe!

52. Happy thoughts sent your way Beth! It will be SO worth it when you see that healthy baby for the first time! Hang in there!

53. sy says:

awww best wishes to beth. hope you have a healthy happy baby :D

54. Joanna says:

You and your baby are in my prayers. I also love the Sew Mama Sew blog. You do a wonderful job keeping it interesting. Hoping for the best for you.

55. Rosa in The Antipodes says:

It seems silly, but sometimes all we need is a nice sweet voice saying “everything is gonna be all right, my dear”. It’s gonna be, Beth!

56. Hang in there Beth and you’ll be baby gazing in no time. Sending you my biggest best wishes.

57. Nutsy Coco says:

Sending encouragement and best wishes!

58. Debbie Laney says:

My prayers are with you that you have a healty baby. Hang in there so you can carry your baby close to full term. Take care of yourself.

59. maddie says:

Beth, you are doing the most important work you will ever do, you and you alone are assembling a human. That work is hard in best circumstanes and almost unbearable in others but know the work you are doing with bless the world for years to come! Hang strong, I have been where you are and will be thinking of you!

Maddie, mom to 6 blessings

60. craftytammie says:

i’m holding my two week old son as i write this – hang in there, just think, you’ll be well rested for those late night feedings ;)

61. Nancy Brodeur says:

Hi, Beth; My prayers are with you and your baby and family. You can be very proud of the work you do on this blog. Hugs, NancyB in AZ

62. Marsel says:

As many have already said, I was on bedrest with my two children…it can get very frustrating, but it is SO VERY worth it for the sake of your baby…hang in there!

63. Marcia W. says:

I appreciate the quality of the work you are doing despite a difficult situation. Hang in there – do not be afraid to ask those around you to help – and be easy on yourself.

64. jen says:

I spent a trimester laying on my side as well. It isn’t always easy, but like so many things in life that we don’t think we can do until faced with them…we persevere. Beth, my thoughts are with you while you bide your time and in knowing how worth it will all be when you are holding that sweet little new baby.

65. liz says:

Beth! Hang in there lady! I went through a lot to get my baby girl (who is going to FIRST GRADE tomorrow) and though bed rest was not my particular issue – I can certainly appreciate the anxiety of waiting, waiting, waiting for her to be in my arms! Soon lady! The day is almost here! Before you know it you will be sniffing a sweet little baby head to snuggle with! Best of luck to you and can’t wait to hear all about the baby when she/he comes.
    major healing, warm, loving, cheerleading “youcandothis, youcandothis” thoughts!
    xo! Liz

66. naomig says:

Hang in there Beth!! I’ve been there, though not for that long. :-) Accept every bit of help offered!! I will send up prayers for you today.

67. fullertonregan says:

Beth, you are Super Woman!!! To do all the things you do in a day on its own is a feat, but to do it while pregnant AND on bedrest? My dear, you must be made of some strong stuff!!

We all appreciate everything you do,and I hope, hope these well wishes give you even the slightest bit of comfort.

Sending you love and comfort and joy all the way from Southern California.

xoxo,
    Regan

68. Jennifer says:

Hey Beth, Those last weeks of pregnancy are a booger even without the bed rest, I can’t even imagine how they must feel 11wks (wow!) into it with many more to go. All I can say is that my mom was on 3 mos of bed rest with me and I’m pretty awesome. :o) (Totally going for funny there, not cocky. Promise. :o)) Just think, your baby is super safe inside your belly and waaay more comfortable than you (the little stinker!). Not fair, but such is the sacrifice of motherhood, as you already know well I’m sure. Hang in there mama. Take care of yourself. I once read something that said we should make sure to enjoy our pregnancies as much as possible because it’s the only time we get to keep our babies all to ourselves and don’t have to share them. As soon as they pop out, all these people want to hold them and love on them (also wonderful!) but the moment they’re born, we have to immediately start letting them go, even just a little bit. That always helped me. I’ll pray for you and your little one and your family at home. You can do it!

69. jennifer says:

It sounds like you’re having a tough time, Beth! Hang in there. I love your blog and think you’re incredibly talented. Praying that the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

70. Isa says:

You have all my best wishes Beth!!!
    I hope in nine weeks all the trouble will be forgotten when you get your little baby in your arms and making your son an olderbrother.

71. Tabitha says:

Oh, so sorry you are having to go through this! I will be praying for you while you wait. I hope that you have some help with your son and daily housework. I was on bedrest for a short time with my first baby and remember coloring a lot. It was boring, but it was so worth it when he arrived! I hope these next few weeks go by quickly for you!

72. Candice says:

Wow, Beth, that would be a challenge! I’ve never been on bed rest, so I”m not going to pretend to know what you are going through. But I have held 2 of my own newborn babies and remember the pure joy! Just know that this too will pass and you will look back on this time and think “Wow, that was really hard! How did I do that?” We will be sending good thoughts your way! By the way, you have the greatest blog, you are very talented!
    Candice

73. empirewaist says:

Beth! You are AMAZING! We are all thinking of you and wishing you the best. You bring us so much joy & inspiration on this blog, and I hope that the entire SMS community can give back some of that joy & inspiration to you in the next 9 weeks. I’m sending you lots of good wishes and hoping for all the best for you & your family!

74. Wren says:

No words of wisdom, but I wanted to let you know that you, your baby, and your family are in my prayers.

75. Heather L says:

Thinking of you! I had about 3 months of bedrest with my second (girl). I did lots of knitting but DVD’s were a lifesaver on the laptop. Veronica Mars was great and I’d now suggest Mad Men too (if you haven’t seen it). It was hard not being able to care for my older daughter but the time eventually passed and it’s all a memory now. All the best!

76. Steph says:

Wow, Beth! I am praying for your family. I hope the time between now and holding that baby goes by quickly. Thank you for all you do…without this blog I would have never started sewing, and now I can’t imagine life without it! Blessings on you!
    Steph

77. miss chris says:

Sending up wishes for strength and perseverance, Beth… Holding that baby will be worth every single minute. xoxo

78. Tiffany says:

beth! you are incredible! good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and delivery of your baby. you are in my thoughts!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

79. KZ says:

Wishing you the best!

80. Michele says:

Hang in there girl! Those two kiddos will be running circles around you in no time, so remember these supreme supine moments.

81. Shirley Clark says:

Beth,
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Get your rest so that baby can grow. I know it seems like forever, but the time will be here before you know it.
    Thanks for all you do to make this blog a success.

82. it is hard, but do try and make the most of it – after having the baby you’ll be begging to just lie on your side and do nothing!

83. Debbie says:

Wow that’s amazing-working while on bedrest! I’m praying that things will go well with you and the baby and that it’ll stay cooking for at least a few more weeks. God bless you and your family. Thank you for the job that you do.

84. Angie says:

Hang in there, Beth! Prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way! I have never had to experience bed rest, so I can’t imagine what you’re going through. I hope someone is keeping you supplied with books and movies and maybe even some chocolate ice cream. :) Spend the time dreaming big thoughts and wishes for your little bundle of joy.

85. Sula says:

Beth, it sounds like you are a graceful person, and I hope you find yourself even more full of grace as the weeks go by (which they will). I’ll look forward to hearing about this delightful new person you are working on so diligently! All the best to you and your family.

86. Vicki says:

I’ve been there! 18 weeks, 3 days on BR with my (now 2 year old) twins who made it to 36 weeks, 3 days. Just keep your eye on the prize and tell yourself that it is a temporary state. You are in the home stretch now!!!!If it helps, read my posts starting in early April 2008 to see how one mama survived.

87. Anna says:

I did bedrest for 6 weeks and I remember the frustration, worry, etc. so well that I can’t imagine doing it for 11 and still going! You’re a saint! I’ll be praying for good health for you and your baby. I hope you find great ways to pass the time (for me it was food network which still gives me flashbacks), ways to connect with your son, kindness from friends and family, and comfort in knowing that we’re all hoping for great things for you!

88. Leigh Ann says:

I’ll be praying that the Lord gives Beth a safe and healthy pregnancy and birth.

89. Jen says:

Hi Beth-

Reading through the comments, it looks like a lot of us have been where you are! I had six weeks of bed rest and made it to 34 weeks..then an emerangcy c-section-it was me not the baby that was in trouble. everything worked out fine in the end. 31 weeks is so close. So so close!

I know it’s hard and extremely challenging with a little one running around. hang in there, you are almost through it. soon you’ll have a little baby in you arms and everything will be behind you!

Thinking really good thoughts,

Je

90. kbonikowsky says:

Beth, said a prayer for you. Thank you for all you do for this wonderful website, and all you are doing to care for that beautiful baby inside! God bless!

91. Mary McCain says:

Best wishes, Beth! I will keep you in my prayers. This blog is such a treasure for us all — many thanks for all you do!

92. Wendy says:

Hi Beth! My family will remember you today in and in the coming weeks in our prayers. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! This trying time will all fade away the moment you hold that little one in your arms. Blessings!

93. Beth says:

Hi Beth!

From one Beth to another, I’m hoping the days fly by for you! It is so great that you are at 31 weeks and every day will just be making the baby stronger. Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way!

94. Katie says:

Oh, Beth. Bless, you Friend… what a journey! We’ve just finished 5 months of craziness with a newborn and a 3 year-old… and are jumping for joy that THAT chapter is over. Now on to teething. From one mom to another- here’s wishing you rest, imagination, and fabulous blog reading :)

95. Beth! What an amazing Mama you are! Bedrest, taking care of your son, working on this blog – wow! Just think, you’re in the home stretch.
    I’m saying a little prayer for you today, even though I don’t know you personally!

96. Tara says:

I’ll be praying for you, Beth! I’m also 31 weeks into my pregnancy so we’re anticipating the arrival of our babies at the same time. I hope these last nine weeks fly by for you!

97. Southern Gal says:

I pray baby will stay put for a few more weeks and that you’ll have peace and patience in this situation. Blessings!

98. Kuky says:

Sending you good thoughts Beth!

99. JennE says:

Before you know it you will have your little one in your arms and your rest will result in a healthy little miracle.

100. nikkapotamus says:

Sending good vibes your way Beth. Your new little person will be here soon and you’ll be able to get up and around and chase after the kids again. Wait, maybe you should plead bed rest for another few weeks after the birth too! Best of luck to you and your family.

101. KMLE says:

Thoughts and wishes are with you. 31 weeks is a huge milestone. My boys came at 29 weeks . . .please know that each extra minute inside is worth the challenge, but if your little one makes an early entrance at this point odds are on his/her side.

102. Q says:

Hang in, Beth! The Lord is right there with you and there are lots of us praying you safe and that baby healthy!

103. Dee says:

I’m sending you all good thoughts from across the miles!

104. 2hippos says:

So sorry to hear about the intense bedrest. However, one of my best friends was on bedrest for about 4 months last year and has lived to talk about it (and have some adorable twins to run after). I hope you’ve got lots of DVDs to keep you company, of whatever sort of genre you like. Stay strong!

105. Oh my goodness I kow that feeling.
    Well somewhat..
    I was on bedrest for 8 weeks because of many complictions with my 2nd child.
    It was enough to drive me batty.
    Hang in thier hunny!!

106. Amy says:

Hang in there, Beth! I spent 20 weeks on bed-rest during my last pregnancy. It was truly awful, but holding my youngest child was worth every. single. moment!

107. molly says:

Lots of well wishes for you and your baby. Take good care, Molly

108. Samina says:

Hang in there, Beth! I’m sure that you’re exhausted & frustrated, but you’ll make it & you’ll have a gorgeous baby to snuggle in a few short weeks. Best wishes to both of you.

109. Kim says:

Beth, I don’t know where you live, but I wish I was nearby so that I could lend you a hand. But I send you my good wishes instead. The time will fly and before you know it, you’ll be cuddling your new bundle of joy. We’ll look forward to that day!

110. Michelle says:

Beth, every good thought and healthy pregnancy wish I can think of is winging its way towards you. I hope you can feel all the love and positive energy enveloping you and your little one. You take care.

111. Lorraine D says:

Reading through all these comments is making me cry with gratitude for a community of women who care and share their experiences. How wonderful that Sew Mama Sew and the sewing and quilting communities are sophisticated and organized on-line, to carry the rapport we crafters and artists feel when we meet in person to a larger scale. All the best to Beth and her family. Every mother understands and feels for you at this difficult, wonderful time.

112. Thinking of you and wishing you all the very best for a healthy, safe delivery when the time comes.

113. loveaphid says:

Beth,
    I know that being on bed rest can be so terribly boring, and frustrating. I have not had to be on bed rest but have sat with a friend who did. (Fortunately I was unemployed at the time.) I hope that this ends for you soon and you can move on to enjoying that new life your body is working so very hard to bring to you. You are in my thoughts. I hope there are brighter days ahead for you. Oh and I don’t know just how flat you need to be, but my friend found that if she could sit up, crochet and beading helped her a lot. She could only manage it for short periods, but it did help mitigate some of the frustration.
    Feel Happy soon.

114. Rachel says:

Praying for you and the little one!

115. duff says:

Ah, I remember the days of feelings like a gigantic watermelon and the ridiculousness of having to lie around all day–impossible at best with another little one! However, try to remember how quickly the baby grows inside of you and every day that goes by is an amazing growth spurt; every day inside of you will make it easier for him or her to survive outside the womb. You can do this! With style! I can’t believe that you have been in bed for all these past weeks and still managing to get so much done–you’re astounding!

116. Julia says:

Hello Beth!
    I wish you the very best for the next weeks and months, what you are doing is incredible and wonderfull, and harder than I can imagine. My son had difficulties in the beginning, and he turned out to be the best baby in the world(to me, of course :-)). You have all my admiration!
    you and your family will be in my prayers.
    From the other side of the world,
    Julia

117. karen says:

Best of luck, Beth. I was on bedrest with my twins and it was crazy-making, especially not being able to take care of my son. Man did I watch a lot of television… Good luck!

118. Kadybug says:

Ahh Beth, hang in there! Your wait will be over soon. It is times like these when you can see what a mother embodies. Your strength, selflessness, and caring are evident. Before you know it you will be up and about again hugging and playing with both of your little ones. The pregnancy is but a small period at the end of a first sentence in a very long essay of a child’s life. Virtual hugs to you.

119. spunkgrl23 says:

All the work you do for the blog is appreciated. It is one of the highlights to working in a cubicle everyday!! It brings sunshine and creativity where florescent lights and carpet covered walls of not so nice colors dominate the day. Thanks so much and you will have the most beautiful baby soon!! All thoughts and prayers are with you!!

120. Melinda R says:

So sorry for your difficulties. You and your baby are in my thoughts.

121. mary grace says:

sending prayers your way, Beth. it will all be worth it in the end, but i know the road getting there is not an easy one.

122. Mary says:

My son tried to escape into the world around 33 1/2 weeks into my pregnancy. I spent 5 days in the hospital to get the contractions controlled then another 3 weeks or so on bedrest at home. It was boring to be on bedrest but I am happy to say that I made it to 37 1/2 weeks before he was born. He is now a happy, healthy almost 5 month old. Hang in there! It will be worth every moment spent in bed when your little one arrives. Each additional day in the womb makes it that much better for him/her when his/her birthday comes (even if he/she is born early).

123. Greeblygreebly says:

Praying for you and that little one!

124. Chelley Black says:

Hang in there, Beth! Both of my babies were born at 30 and 31 weeks and are now strong and healthy. I was on bed rest for several weeks before my son was born and that extra week before birth resulted in another lb of weight for him. Every day that you hold on will make things better for your precious baby. I know it’s hard to not be scared, but you are out of the danger zone. Even if born today, your baby has a very good chance of being just fine. You will be in my thoughts.

125. Kathy says:

Sending best wishes your way! I don’t know how you do it – I’d be completely out of commission if I were in your place. Thanks for all of your hard work on this outstanding website! Take care!

126. Susan C. says:

Hi Beth! I had no idea you’ve been working on the blog and e-mails and everything else from bedrest this whole time! I can’t imagine how hard it must be. Hang in there, and know we’re all thinking of you and wishing you good thoughts on this last part of your pregnancy. Just think – you’ll have a new baby AND be able to craft again very, very soon! :)

127. Johanna says:

Hey Beth,
    my cousin went through the exact same thing, except that she already had two little boys to care for. Well, she was on bedrest for the whole duration of her pregnancy and couldn’t do anything with her family for this time. No days in the zoo, no taking the kids to daycare; they all stayed with friends and on weekends with her husband and her mother. And while this was tough for her (and now is probably tough for you, too), she just told me that it was worth it. On Friday she gave birth to a healthy little girl and when I talked to her, she was so totally in love with that little baby.
    So hang in there, it is going to be okay and so worth it!
    Greetings and well wishes from Germany,
    Johanna

128. Oh, and one last thing – if there’s any way you can swing the $$ for a pregnancy massage (get someone to come to your home) – it is SOOOO worth it!!!! I had a friend give it to me as a gift when I was on bedrest with the twins, and it was unbelievable!!!

129. Java Jane says:

Hi Beth,

Eighteen years ago, I was on bedrest in the final weeks of an often challenging pregnancy. Just last week, we dropped my “baby” (all six feet of him) off at college. Where did the years go?

This challenge shall pass and soon you will be holding on to the definition of Joy.

Thank you for all of the clever work you do on the blog.

Jane

130. Oh, Beth, my heart goes out to you!!!! I’ve spent 3 months on bedrest TWICE to keep 3 babes inside (one singleton and one twin pregnancy). I know how hard it is…especially the second time around, pregnant with twins and having an almost-2 year old running around. Keep your chin up, sweetie!!! Every day you keep that little one cookin’ is 3 less days in the NICU, they say!! I SOOOO remember the boredom, the aching muscles, the pressure points, the angst, the desire to get up and get things ready for the baby/ies, everything, my husband’s frustration even. I hated it. But it was the ultimate sacrifice for my babies. I will be praying for you and your little one, as I know that these last few weeks will seem to take forever. Feel free to email me anytime!!! (((hugs)))

131. Rene says:

I know how it feels to be put up in bed. I was put in the hospital when my youngest son decided he wanted to join the world much soon than he was suppose to…I wasn’t even allowed to get up to go to the bathroom! But let me tell you every second I spent in that bed was worth it. Although he was still born premature, I know that the time I spent not moving was part of the reason his battle wasn’t as difficult as it could of been. I love that little boy and would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Hang in there, I promise your prize will be so worth it!

132. beth lehman says:

I love that you/we can do this – b/c I’m a Beth, I always see “Beth” in the bylines at SewMamaSew – so from one Beth to another – you rock – and best wishes for a healthy baby – I’ll be praying for your health and sanity!

133. Annika says:

Wishing you all the best, Beth! I (luckily!) have no experience with bed rest, but I know how hard it can be to take care of a little boy while pregnant. My son was unscathed by the reduced attention, even if he did watch a little too much television, and once his sister was born I was able to give him a great deal more of myself, even with a new baby to care for.

134. Oh, my dear! What a trooper you are. It can be hard work in lots of ways, cooking up a little one, but this seems like a lot to take. Sounds like you’re wearing it beautifully, though, which–even in the few interactions we’ve had–comes as no surprise to me. Hang in there–I can’t wait to hear that you’ve got that baby in your arms, and you’re up and around!

135. Kristi says:

Hang in there! I had to do that with my first (at the beginning of the pregnancy though). He did end up coming early (10 weeks!). Every extra day you can keep that baby in womb is precious so you are doing the best thing possible for your baby by being on bed rest :) I know it is hard but soon you will have a newborn to take care of and you will forget all the not-so-fun stuff!

136. Ida says:

Hi, Beth!

I, too, was on bedrest for some time before the birth of my son. Since you already have one little one, you know how rewarding it is. I know it’s tough to stay positive when all you can do is get up and pee. :) But, the rewards … the health of you and your newborn ….. they are so very worth it.

Blessings and prayers sent your way!

Ida

137. Tamera says:

Our prayers are with you, your baby and your family! As hard as it is now, just think how this season will end joyously. There is the brightest light at the end of the tunnel. I know how you feel!

138. Tina says:

Keep your chin up, Beth! It’ll all be worth it when you meet your new baby. We’re all cheering for you.

139. SarahB says:

I’m sure these last 11 weeks have been so difficult! You are doing an amazing thing though, and every day your sweet little one is growing stronger. You are more than halfway through!

140. Paula says:

Ohhhh Beth!!!! The trouble you are experiencing right now will all melt into but a distant vague memory as soon as they place that precious little one in your arms for the first time. When you and that baby lock eyes for the first time, you will know, it was all worth it!!!! Best of wishes!

141. Lauranie says:

Beth…THANK YOU for all you do! Not much longer and then the FUN really begins, I have two at home..3 all together! :) I’m sending strength and prayers your way..and we will all understand if you need to slow down a little! Rest well!

142. Sade says:

Hi Beth!

I hope the next weeks pass fast and you can soon hold your healthy baby in your arms and all the bed rest is just a story to tell her whens she’s older.

143. Cara says:

You can do it, Beth!

144. Ali says:

So sorry to hear that Beth – hang tight and sending all my good thoughts your way.

145. Jodie says:

Aww… hang in there. I had about 6 weeks of bed rest after my daughter tried to make an early escape. I do remember the frustration and boredom (at the time, we didn’t have cable TV or a laptop). But… it’s worth it. And, surprisingly, I look back on that time with some fondness. The quiet days with my big belly were certainly relaxing (something I don’t have much experience with as of late!). Keep your chin up and follow the doctor’s orders – your payoff in a few weeks/months will be worth it!

146. Ariane says:

Best wishes! Here is to a healthy happy baby!! Xoxo

147. Karen says:

Beth – praying for your comfort, and the continued continued health of your precious little one. Also praying for those around you to be extra supportive during such a difficult time :)

148. Tammy says:

Praying for encouragement today, Beth! Thanks for all the great work you do here at SMS! I really enjoy this blog!

149. SofiAlgarvia says:

Hi, Beth! Hang in there, girl, you’ll have a blissful joy when the day comes for you to hold your lovely baby in your arms!