Announcing: Pillow Month!

on January 24 | in Etc... | by | with 39 Comments

February will be chock FULL of pillows here on the Sew,Mama,Sew! blog. We have a huge range of fun, new tutorials lined up from some very talented contributors. Everything is covered, with projects perfect for new sewists to more elaborate and challenging pillow patterns. We cover the basics and then show you how to branch out with things like piping, nifty closure options and more. We’ll post some lovely projects that are great for your Valentine, plus there will be lots of inspiration every day of the month.

We also have a Big Contest with some great prizes! You can find out how to enter on February 1st (and you will want to enter).

Help us get the word out! Feel free to grab our button to let your readers know you’ll be participating. Here is the image url: http://www.sewmamasew.com/december2010/PillowButton.jpg

39 Responses to Announcing: Pillow Month!

1. Melissa says:

I can’t wait. “Santa” made fleece pillows for my 2 boys for Christmas. It was so much fun, I’m excited to make more!

2. Emily says:

I just made some total cheater pillow covers for our temporary home in London:http://alltherestofit.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/why-i-schlepped-my-sewing-machine-to-london-exhibits-a-and-b/
    You probably woudn’t want to use them as a tutorial b/c I break ALL of the sewing rules, but they sure brightened up our little flat!

3. Steffi says:

I love to sew pillows too.In my blog you can see some pillows which I sewed if you like.

4. I am excited to have stumbled upon your blog via Jaybird Quilts! I need all the help I can get since I’m a beginner! :)

5. Basteta says:

Sounds like a great way to get my feet wet again, haven’t sewn in years.

6. Becky T says:

omgosh I can’t wait. I so need this!

7. Janee Lookerse says:

AAH! I’m so excited!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE pillows! I’ve recently been making BUNCHES of pillows! I can’t wait!

8. So excited! I have some fabric from my Grandma’s that have been waiting to make pillows for my sister!

9. Bill says:

Really like the new layout. I were pleased with the content. Appreciation for your nice entry.

10. min says:

Yay!!! This sounds great and I’m ready to move on from bags, personally. :)

11. Brooke says:

me and my mom are moving soon so that means redecorating! im really excited for this!

12. Jennifer says:

Yay yay yay! My husband and I were just lamenting he serious lack of throw pillows on our couches ( we DID have some), but the story of their demise is pretty (humorously) tragic. Just in time!

13. heather says:

As so many others, I am plotting some new accent pillows. Can’t wait to see some lovely ideas:).

14. Kate says:

I’m so pumped! I haven’t made a pillow in forever, and lately, I’ve been finding a ton I want but will not pay for. $60 for a “designer” pillow…they must be high.

Anyway, now I want to make them for my living room, craft room and eventually, my baby girl’s room. She’s nearly ready for a big girl bed! But this pillow is on my craft room hit list for sure: http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2010/03/recycled-roses-pillow-tutorial.html

15. Jen says:

Yay! I’m so excited! I’ve bought fabric to make some pillow covers but I’m not too experienced in making pillows. Can’t wait!

16. Kate says:

This is great, I am looking forward to picking up some new tips and techniques!

17. SofiAlgarvia says:

It sounds super!

18. Teje says:

Hello! That’s so good news! So many of us are now fond of making pillows – Pillow Month is great idea! I would love to join!
    Sunny wishes from Crete! Teje

19. Marilyn says:

I look forward to some tutorials on pillows

20. Stephanie says:

THANK YOU!! Perfect timing to get me out of my sewing rut. This is exactly what i need to freshen the house and my crafting!

21. Sweet I’ve been thinking about pillows for a while and just started to work on one. Perfect timing! Thanks

22. jenn says:

perfect.. i’ve been on a pillow kick. can’t wait.

23. Jen says:

Oh, goody! I need some summery pillows for our sofa…maybe a furry one or two for the boudoir… *eager*

24. Christina says:

Yay! I have always wanted to get into pillows so I’m looking forward to the tutorials!!

25. Kate says:

Yay, I am looking forward to it! I have been itching to make some new throw pillows…

26. Tanya says:

Woo hoo! Love the SMS theme months… I’ll be cranking out pillows for my lounge, bedroom, & maybe a few gifts too! Thanks SMS crew!

27. Samina says:

Neato! I’m looking forward to all the great ideas you’ll be throwing our way.

28. Layla says:

PERFECT! Someone asked me to gift them pillows last fall. Maybe now I’ll get off my duff!

29. Great! I need some new pillows for my couch, but I’ve been putting the project off. This will be just the inspiration I need to make something cute!

30. SweetPea says:

How uncanny… I was just at the fabric store thinking I should start planning out some pillow covers for my living room… perfect timing! I love how there are always such great ideas & inspirations to be found here.

31. softstars says:

Thank you..really informative!!

32. Looking forward to some pillow inspiration in February!

33. I am actually really excited about this! I have been thinking of making a pillow for the past couple of days now, trying to come up with a concept in my head. This motivates me! Thank you! :)

34. sarahj says:

oooh can’t wait!

35. Claudia says:

Oh, that sounds great! I can’t wait to see your ideas. I am working on a pilow at the moment, too, so that comes just at the right time.

Claudia

36. Juliette says:

ok, well I am *just* getting over my patchwork fears and actually just posted my first patchwork pillow today, so all I have to say is “perfect timing”! =) I have 2 large pillows for our LR that I can’t commit to in terms of ‘what to do’, so hooray SMS!

37. Rosa in the Antipodes says:

Awesome!

38. Oi! Just in the nick of time! I just bought four new feather pillow forms! I was going to start tomorrow but I’m waiting on pillow month now!
    I will be participating in the contest and putting the button up in the morning! I gotta catch some Zzzz’s right now..

39. Krista says:

Yay! I just finished my first ever pillow cover based on this http://wishestrueandkind.blogspot.com/2010/12/final-finish-of-year.html

can’t wait to get more tips and ideas