Featured Creativity

on March 10 | in Sewing Inspiration | by | with 33 Comments

There’s so much to see in our photo pools… Check out the absolutely beautiful sewing! Here are just a few items that recently caught our eyes:

Dress by Laura, Charm Stitch

Laura made this dress from the Japanese book Stylish Girls Clothes (Dress B, 100 cm size). You can read more about the dress on Laura’s Charm Stitch blog. The fabric is Violet and Aqua dot dot dot from Echino.

Wedding Ring Quilt by Story, Story Quilt

You can see more images of Story’s Wedding Ring Quilt on her blog. For more on Story’s sewing you can also visit her Facebook page.

Pajamas by Jenny Fish, Sew Pretty Dresses

Jenny made these new pajamas for her daughter using New Look pattern #6746 and Jennifer Paganelli fabric. Jenny writes, “It doesn’t take long for a reader of my blog to see that I am a big Jennifer Paganelli/Sisboom fan. I love the intense color and beauty of her fabrics as well as Jennifer’s giant generous heart. I am also a tester for Carla Hegeman Crim who designs sewing patterns for both Sisboom and Scientific Seamstress… I have a passion for sewing and I have a desire to pass that passion along to anyone who is interested in learning to sew or furthering their skills. In an effort to share my enthusiasm I work with local and online shops writing tutorials, sewing samples and contributing to sewing blogs.”

No. 108 Stylish Shoulder Bag by Kiah Grey

Kiah used a pattern from I Think Sew to make this bag for her aunt. The exterior fabric is Amy Butler’s Nigella and the interior is Midwest Modern. (Oooh!– Midwest Modern is on sale now in the shop!)

Baby in the Hood Jacket by Catherine, White Apples

Catherine writes more about her Baby in the Hood Jacket on her White Apples blog. The pattern is from Anna Maria Horner’s Handmade Beginnings.

DIY Drawstring Coin Purse by Pascale, // Between the lines //

Pascale has a tutorial for this drawstring coin purse, and she also recently added more pictures of additional coin purses she made with the same pattern. You can find the pictures and much more at // Between the lines //.

Bold Statement Top by Amanda, Little Cumulus + The Modern Marigold

Amanda writes, “I made the top from a vintage bed sheet using the shift dress pattern from Built By Wendy Dresses. I modified the original pattern by cutting off the bodice right below the bust darts, then gathered a long rectangle (using the original hem on the sheet, because I hate hemming!) for the skirt and stitched it into the bodice. The neckline is finished with self-made bias tape, and the sleeves are finished with fold-over elastic to give them some gentle poof. I love this shape for a top because it’s totally forgiving– No clinging at the tummy or the booty. Plus, it’s something you can throw on and go, but still look fabulous.” Amanda has this top for sale in her shop.

Joules Orange by Daria, LaLa! Shoes

Daria is from Zagreb, Croatia, and is a trained industrial designer. She writes, “I worked for long years in advertising as an art director, but two years ago I returned to my passion– handcrafting. I design all the LaLa! Shoes and LaLa! Monde patterns by myself, and I produce them all in my home studio… Most of my women’s house shoes are made as custom orders, all by measurements. I pester my customers with lots of measurements to take (I made an illustrated guide for that), and then adjust my basic patterns so to make a perfect fit. In the end it’s all worth it, as this is the way to get a great pair of shoes.” You can find Daria’s designs in her LaLa! Shoes shop. You can also find information on Daria’s works on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lalashoes + http://www.facebook.com/lalamonde.

Shirts by Anne, gretelies

Anne is from Germany and she writes, “The shirts are based on the Farbenmix pattern Antonia. I am sometimes creating designs for machine embroidery and pattern e-books. Primarily I am sewing bags, cushions, clothes for children and so on for my little business, which ensures the income for my little daughter and me.”

Circle Quilt by Holly, Bijou Lovely

Holly writes about her quilt on her blog, and also created a tutorial so you can make your own Circle Quilt!

Add your latest photos today!…

33 Responses to Featured Creativity

1. Rosa in the Antipodes says:

I’m inspired! Thank you so much

2. Elaine says:

The shoulder bag is devine!

3. Many thanks for your time to have put these things together on this blog site. Robin and that i very much prized your ideas through the articles about certain things. I am aware that you have numerous demands on your timetable hence the fact that you actually took the maximum amount of time just like you did to steer people like us by this article is even highly loved.

4. Truck Pilot says:

Your post is very interesting. I’ve read your blog for few days now and I trully enjoy your blog. Thank you for your great work!

5. News says:

[…] Trackback … in this post there is everything […]

6. Helpful information here. I added your site on my favorite, so visit again.

7. 偵探 says:

Including 80 audio and video demonstration teaching ㄉ course, the following is part of the common ㄉ software. please press left ctrl, right-hand point of mouse health, click on your favorite software, wait a while to display the download page, and then according to their own computer ㄉ Level. from shallow depth gradually progressive point of video files from the unit, you can open the file. Oh, remember to open speaker

8. BCBG Dresses says:

Good post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Cheers!

9. Thanks so much for providing everyone an exceptionally good opportunity to check ideas from this site. It truly is very pleasing and also , jam-packed having a large amount of enjoyable for me and my office fellow employees to lookup your internet site almost 3 occasions a week to study the brand new guides you have. Are you on http://sponsoredblogposts.com? I adore to share something with you.

10. Carolyn says:

Oh, I love looking at all the beautiful projects! Thanks for posting them!

11. 偵探 says:

I’m strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. When possible, since you gain expertise,keep writing and happy blogging;3$4

12. Tierney Barden says:

What a fun post today. Meeting more talented sewers in the world is wonderful. Looking forward to checking out their blogs and saying hello. Thanks!

13. Rebecca says:

So many great creations and inspiration!

14. Oh man that hoodie is too cute! And I love double wedding rings so much!

15. Marcia W. says:

Thanks to the sewists and quilters who made these awesome projects.

16. Shannon says:

Each one of these are so inspiring!

17. Beth T says:

Creative sewists, creative quilters, creative photographers. It is no wonder I love your blog.

18. Seanna Lea says:

The baby hooded jacket is adorable (and only enhanced by the cute baby). I love the little yellow elephant fabric.

19. liz says:

so much talent in one place! you’ve given me lots to look at! Thank you!

20. New blogs and new patterns! thanks for the inspiration.

21. What wonderful, beautiful work!! Pure inspiration!

22. Jacque says:

These are great creativity starters! Love that Amy Butler fabric on the bag!

23. Christine says:

I want to make the circle quilt, possibly two of them, for Christmas. Love it!

24. Sue says:

I follow Story Quilt and thought her lovely wedding ring to be absolutely beautiful!!

25. Heidi says:

I love all these ideas. I’ve been wanting to make that baby jacket for awhile. I think I need to get on that.

26. Wow! I am soooo impressed with all of these! Gorgeous work.

27. Emily says:

Thanks for inspiring me today!

28. What a great post!! Thanks!

29. lovely, lovely items! I want to make at least half of them! Such talent. Thank you for featuring and sharing, so we can all see.

30. Desirée says:

what a lovely projects and i really like the purse! i really going to check this tutoral now!

31. abbe laine says:

I lovelovelove when Cynthia Rowley’s Simplicity patterns are 99 cents at JoAnn Fabrics…my dress came out a-maz-ing! xoxox