It’s the final day for our Sample Book Bonanza! Remember, due to shipping costs today’s giveaway is open to US-residents only. Please tell us which book you want to win in the comments. We’ll keep all of our Book Bonanza giveaways open until we announce winners Friday morning. Thanks again to Lark Crafts, Potter Craft, David & Charles, Krause Publications, C&T Publishing, Creative Publishing International, Murdoch Books, The Electric Quilt, Stewart, Tabori & Chang and Wiley.
By Aimee Ray
(Lark Books, ISBN: 1600595812)
From the Publisher:This follow-up to the best-selling Doodle Stitching offers fans expanded and updated basics, 400+ easy embroidery motifs on the page and on a CD sealed in the back of the book, 17 projects, and lots of added inspiration. More than a dozen categories include Alphabet, Asian Chic, Baby, Celebrations, Embellishments, Fruits & Veggies, Space, Trees, Flowers, Winged Wonders, and Woodland Creatures-and each section includes one motif stitched by the author.
The motifs on the CD are in simple black lines, so readers can easily manipulate them using their own image-editing software, print them out, and transfer them onto their substrate of choice using the instructions in the book.
By Joan Hinds
(Krause Publications, ISBN: 1440204179)
From the Publisher:A girl and her doll are fast friends indeed. Add in coordinating outfits, and nothing could be cuter! You can make adorable coordinating outfits for the girl in your life and the doll in hers with the help of All Dolled Up! From flowered party dresses, summer tops and Capri pants to fleece vests and messenger bags, the projects inside All Dolled Up provide easy, fun and fashionable outfits for every season and time of day.
* Make 20 different outfits including dress-up clothes, casual wear, pajamas and accessories.
* Create the clothing using full-size patterns for all of the doll projects and many of the girl projects.
* Learn time-saving techniques for creating clothing for 18-inch dolls, making any outfit in 30 minutes or less.
* Watch the techniques in action with author Joan Hinds and Nancy Zieman on the bonus DVD.
* Learn even more tips and techniques from Nancy Zieman in her Notes from Nancy throughout the book.
Making matching outfits for your girl and her doll is easy and fun with All Dolled Up!
By C&T Publishing’s Design Collective
(C&T Publishing, ISBN: 9781607050032)
From the Publisher:The variety of materials and embellishments used to make these 26 one-of-a-kind projects are sure to inspire you to make every bird in the book. From artisitc to folksy to whimsical these little sweeties make delightful gifts and perfect pets! Beginner-friendly projects work well with scraps fat quarters and upcycled fabrics.
By The Editors of Creative Publishing international and Singer (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
(Creative Publishing International, ISBN: 086573173X)
From the Publisher:The ULTIMATE step-by-step sewing reference-great for beginners and seasonal sewers, too. Over 1,200 photographs and experts instructions teach you all the basics for both fashion sewing and home décor projects.
For fashion sewing:
- Choose the right notions and sewing equipment for your projects.
- Get professional advice about sewing with different fabrics.
- Understand how to use commercial patterns.
- Learn sewing techniques for both conventional machines and sergers.
- Study details about every step of garment construction.
For home décor sewing:
- Learn how to choose and sew with decorator fabrics.
- Make pillows in five basic styles.
- Sew curtains, shades, and top treatments and install them with confidence.
- Give your furniture new life with slipcovers.
- Save money by sewing duvet covers and pillow shams for the bedroom.
- Spiff up your table décor with new tablecloths, placements, and napkins.
By Lisa Stickley
(North Light Books, ISBN: 1440309124)
From the Publisher:Chic yet practical, sophisticated yet comforting, Lisa Stickley’s homeware designs span many different tastes. With hints of certain old-fashioned charm, Lisa reinterprets many of the classic home items for the modern-day sewer. This book covers all the core sewing projects you need to furnish your home. The projects are grouped into four key areas of the home– kitchen, laundry, living room and bedroom– and each section features projects that are stylish yet simple to achieve.
Comment on any of our Sewing Book Bonanza posts through Thursday evening. Your comment enters you to win! We’ll announce winners Friday morning.