Guest FQ Pack Designers ~ Fat Quarterly Team

on April 20 | in Products | by | with 17 Comments

Fat Quarterly is an e-zine (electronic magazine) “for modern sewists, by modern sewists.” Tacha Bruecher, Katy Jones, Brioni Greenberg, and John Adams work with some of the most innovative and creative members of the online sewing community to develop four issues of Fat Quarterly a year. Each issue is full of original patterns, features on new fabric lines, articles about what’s new in the sewing industry, interviews and more. Check out past issues and see a sampling of Fat Quarterly Patterns on the Fat Quarterly site, and learn a little more about the Fat Quarterly team here. You can also check out the Fat Quarterly blog for regular contests, interviews and informative posts about sewing and quilting.

We’re pleased to announce that Fat Quarterly is available for purchase at Sew,Mama,Sew! We’re offering four issues at 20% off today as part of our Digital Delivery Sewing specials. (The latest Solids issue is also available at full price.)

The Fat Quarterly Team is joining our series of Guest Fat Quarter Pack Designers today with their own carefully-curated fat quarter packs! We’ve had a great parade of fabulous fat quarter packs in the past: Jessica Jones, Elizabeth Hartman, Amy Karol, Amanda Soule, Alicia Paulson & Rashida Coleman-Hale. The Fat Quarterly Team designed two separate packs today, Summer Picnic + Evening Breeze. Each pack evokes some of the best elements of the upcoming season. We can see some cheery Summer Picnic totes, and patchwork quilts wrapped around us in the Evening Breeze… What would you make with the Fat Quarterly Team mixes?!

The Summer Picnic fabrics:

First Row

Second Row

Third Row

Fourth Row

The Evening Breeze fabrics:

First Row

Second Row

Third Row

Fourth Row

The Fat Quarterly Team Summer Picnic Mix Fat Quarter Pack + Evening Breeze Mix Fat Quarter Pack are available in the shop.

It’s Digital Delivery Sewing Month!

Today we’re offering 20% off four issues of Fat Quarterly in the shop!

17 Responses to Guest FQ Pack Designers ~ Fat Quarterly Team

1. ALTHEA says:

I have been looking for this all day! Thanks for posting!

2. Pat V. says:

Aw shoot, I didn’t realize the discount was only for one day. Somehow I thought it was for the month of April! Oh well, not buying them after all…

3. VickiT says:

Oh no! :( I read this post yesterday and had to leave and now I see that special pricing was only for yesterday. Darn it! Missed that one sadly. I hadn’t seen that was one day only.

4. VickiT says:

I just love Fat Quarterly and hope to subscribe soon. The “Summer Picnic” pack looks great. Of course “Evening Breeze” is equally great. I love the color choices pulled together like they have done. That’s the biggest problem area I have is pulling fabrics together that will look good.

Thanks for the great price on a few of the issues of Fat Quarterly. Great deal!

5. Marcia W. says:

Summer Picnic bundle needs to be in a picnic quilt — like an Elizabeth Hartmann Rec quilt.

6. Rachel says:

This is the first I’ve heard of Fat Quarterly (so clever); I’ll have to check it out! Although I’d probably skip the butterfly prints, these collections are really cute.

7. Jen V says:

I love learning something new everyday! Although I can’t keep up with all my bookmarked sites these day! I have a couple of girly quilts to work on in which these FQ packs would work well.

8. Molly says:

I forgot to say I think I would make a lovely modern lap quilt with a pattern from Fat Quarterly – perhaps one from the fussy cutting issue as so many of these prints would be great for that, especially the great trees and butterflies in the Evening Breeze collection.

9. Very cute picks! I always enjoy these posts =)

10. definitely a quilt with the summer picnic pack, to sit in the sun and soak up the heat. the evening breeze fabrics would make nice patchwork bag.

11. jm says:

I think this is the best ever “Guest Fat Quarter Pack.”

12. Seanna Lea says:

Wow. I would try my darnedest to make a quilted jacket or vest out of the different fabrics. It would probably be in simple fabric stripes to make it within my skill level! I’d want to buy the Evening Breeze fabrics for that.

13. LJ Owen says:

Some of those are screaming to be made into aprons!

14. Summer Picnic is a great combination of fabrics. I would probably make something to take on a summer picnic!

15. nicke cutler says:

fun! I am excited to try it out!

16. Kathy says:

Lving where I do where the sun hardly ever shines and life is mosttly gray-I love these fabrics.They shout spring.

17. Patty says:

Wow this is a fabulous collection of fat quarters! I had no idea such a publication existed, so thank you for the post. I would make a number of kindle/nook cases or luggage tags to sell in my shop. Beautiful fabric!