It’s been awhile since we’ve had a Summer Sewing theme month on the blog, and we’re desperate for a little sun + fun here at the moment! We’re going to fill June with new, fun Summer Sewing tutorials, and we’re asking you to play along.
Send us your one-of-a-kind, fabulous, unique Summer Sewing idea and if we feel like it’s a good match we’ll share it with all of our readers next month. Our Summer Sewing tutorials will get around 250,000 unique visitors, and we’ll try to send as many as possible your way with an introduction to you and your work. It’s a great way to expose your blog, shop, etc. to new readers and to get your name “out there.”
If you’re interested in submitting a tutorial idea:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night, 5/15, Subject line: Summer Sewing.
- Share your idea, including a photo (or photos). Include links to your site(s), and tell us where we can find any tutorials or patterns you’ve shared in the past. We want to know you can give clear instructions and take good photos! Check our Sewing Tutorials page to make sure we don’t already have a similar project, and also use Google to be sure your idea is unique (We’re sure to check too– It’s important to us that content be fresh and new). It also cannot be a tutorial you already have posted on your site.
- We’ll review all submissions and respond (either way) by Thursday, 5/19.
- Tutorials will be posted on the Sew,Mama,Sew! blog only, with an introduction to you and your work, and lots of links to send folks your way.
- Summer Sewing is a broad idea; feel free to interpret the theme in new ways. Think: Summer clothes + accessories, summer parties, picnics, beach outings, car trips, poolside fun, beach days, sun protection, carefree kid play…
Similarly, we’d love to help promote small businesses during June. If you’d like to sponsor a product giveaway, drop us a line. We’ll review it and see if it is a good fit with our theme and our readers.
- Email email@example.com by Sunday night, 5/15 with your name, shop and relevant links.
- Include a photo and description of the item you’d like to give away. (Minimum $20 value, please.)