Calling all Summer Sewing tutorials!

on June 14 | in Etc... | by | with 11 Comments

There were so many great submissions in our call out for Summer Sewing tutorials… We just couldn’t fit them all in! Do you have a great tutorial for summer sewing on your blog that you’d like to share with us?

Note: Please make sure they’re specifically related to something “summery.” A sun hat or outdoor party decorations would work, but a shower curtain or lamp shade design wouldn’t (for example!).

We’ll compile a list a the end of the month to send folks your way! Send us an email ([email protected]) with your blog name, tutorial name, and the direct URL for the tutorial.

Thanks!

11 Responses to Calling all Summer Sewing tutorials!

1. Keep functioning ,great job! snoring cure

2. meikjn says:

this is a light weight knit summer dress. I am hoping to have better pis of the finished product soon.

3. Temima says:

So great you’re doing a summer sewing roundup!

4. Karyn Ashley-Smith says:

Looking forward to that list! The blog-hop was a blast & had some great tutorials, but alas, I’m not a great one to juggle 500+ cool sites and not misplace something! Thank you guys for all you do to connect people with information!

5. Ramona says:

I don’t have a blog either but I am sure looking forward to the wonderful tutorials the others provide.

6. Eleonora says:

I’m a beginner, I learned to use the sewing machine 3months ago!!!…so I haven’t a blog, but I hope I’ll can answer your future callings tutorials.

7. Nan says:

not sewing but needle felting if you are interested!

8. Joanna says:

I’ll be watching for the list at the end of themonth. I love idea resources. Thanks.

9. http://harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-upcycled-dress-made-from.html

This is a tutorial that’s for a dress made from an outgrown shirt. I made the dress for my daughter based on one I saw at Kohl’s that she liked. She had a shirt that was too short for her, so I cut some of it off and added a skirt using fabric I had on hand. The only cost: my time. The best of clothes: upcycled and FREE!

10. Oops I was supposed to email that to Beth. Duh. Sorry…

11. I have a tutorial for easily marking quilt or embroidery designs on dark fabric:

Cindy Wiens

My blog is Live a Colorful Life (aroundtheblockdesigns.blogspot.com)