Grand Opening of the Sew,Mama,Sew! Book Shop!

on July 10 | in Products | by | with 34 Comments

Book Shop

Today we’re thrilled to announce the grand opening of the Sew,Mama,Sew! book shop! Our appreciation of sewing books has been an ongoing theme of the blog since we first started six years ago. We are as passionate about sewing books as we are about fabric! We love working with authors and publishing companies to promote great new products and we’re excited that we finally get to participate in the sewing book industry from a whole new perspective.

We don’t strive to have the biggest, most inclusive book selection around.  As with our fabric business, we believe that what we can offer you is a well-curated list of current products for modern sewists from authors and publishers we respect.

Straight up:

• All books are listed at 15% off the cover price.
  • Books ship separately from your fabric and pattern order. For that reason, there will be two shipping expenses if you order both fabric and books.
  • Shipping rates:
United States International
1st book 3.50 media mail

5.50 priority mail

5.00 standard DHL

7.00 expedited DHL

each additional book 1.00 media mail

2.50 priority mail

5.00 standard DHL

7.00 expedited DHL

Order a book by 11:59 PM PDT on July 17 and we’ll send you a coupon for 15% off your next fabric and pattern order!

We truly hope you enjoy this exciting enhancement to our shop and love perusing the sewing book section as much as we do.

34 Responses to Grand Opening of the Sew,Mama,Sew! Book Shop!

1. - Heya sir I m in gambling subject and am working for years on betting industry and this website is very nice read I found it when was looking for information on bookmaker on google I will read more as you re doing nice job with this website .gracias , ;D

2. I love your blog, only the best content.

3. Nik Kamisah says:

I think it is a great idea and you understand our needs.I would like to suggest that you also sell books from Japan as i used to buy it..They are just perfect for sewing lovers,i know

4. [...] continuing our full week of celebration for all things BOOK! Our Grand Opening offer for the Sew,Mama,Sew! Book Shop is good through July [...]

5. Kim McM says:

I really like the pillows on the cover, so I think I’d probably start with those. Good luck on your new venture!

6. Misty says:

Looks awesome!! Will be checking out everything SOON!

7. [...] continuing our full week of celebration for all things BOOK! Our Grand Opening offer for the Sew,Mama,Sew! Book Shop is good through July 17. All week long we’re also offering [...]

8. Stephanie S says:

How exciting! I just went to check it out and you have a great collection so far :)

9. SewLindaAnn says:

Great idea!

10. Lisa says:

Just had a quick look at the book shop -all my favourite books and more with reasonable international pricing (not more than the cost of the item itself as many other sites do) I’ll be back for more browsing.

11. Kirsten N says:

A lovely selection of craft books – I think I need them all!!!

12. love that international pricing!

13. Carol Y says:

Thanks for offering media mail!

14. Kristina says:

Great idea. I need a good quilting book. For beginners. From scratch. Any recomendations?

15. Robyn says:

This is exciting! I can’t wait to browse….

16. Anne Marie says:

Sounds great!

17. Christina says:

So excited!!

18. Clodagh says:

Great news! I hope there will be reviews too that always helps me when I am deciding on books to buy for myself or as a gift.

19. anna says:

oh wow, that’s really exciting!!!

20. SewTara says:

Ohhhhh this could be dangerous!

21. Susanne says:

Thanks for featuring so many of our books! As an editor, I know how tough it is to edit yourself and to only select what you love. I hope they bring you a ton of revenue! Congratulations.

22. Basteta says:

Great idea. “sob” I just found 5 more books I must have… LOL! I was pleased to see a number of books I had are on your shelves, guess I made some good choices already.

You might want to eventually have sections – pages devoted to one subject such as patchwork, etc. Along with a rating system like Amazon – (1 to 5 stars and number of reviews or ratings,) with the ratings submitted by your readers. When I am forced to chose between several books, I look at both types of ratings and those are a big help for me.

Good Luck!!

23. Ramona says:

Great collection. I know I own 5 or 6 of the ones you have listed and love them all.

24. N. Perez says:

Congrats on your new business adventure! I’m sure all the sew mama sew readers are super excited to surf through the list of books you have.

25. Ashley says:

Yay! I guessed a shop or a book…I should havee put the two together and said a book shop. LOL! Can’t wait to check it out!
    I <3 Sewmamasew!

26. How exciting! Off to browse your selection :)

27. Pat says:

How exciting..Are you thinking of moving into the ebook filed as well…GOOD LUCK with your new venture…

28. Congrats! Be buying soon! ( Gotta finish up some UFOs.)

29. Great news!! I browsed through your sewing book section. the best of the best are all there in one spot!!

30. Paula Lucas says:

Looks like a wonderful selection of books for your site. I think the books chosen fit in well with the theme of your site. I don’t know if it would interest you in the future, but the book “Couture Sewing Techniques” by Claire B. Shaeffer (Taunton Press) is a Fantastic resource – some of your readers might really enjoy it! Just a thought. And best of luck with the bookstore!

31. Beth T says:

I love that you are offering a media mail option. Thank you! Look for my order soon, soon, soon.

32. Eleonora says:

great new!a sewing book shop!I’m interested in books about sewing clothes…thanks SMS!!!

33. Stacey says:

I love this!! Can’t wait to look through your titles when the little ones gone to bed!

34. It’s great!
    I’ll go check it out right now!