Over the past year we’ve come to love our Facebook page. We appreciate the ability to announce the arrival of new collections, call attention to projects that we love, and interact with you, our readers and customers. If you’ve been on FB recently, however, you know that the “improvements” essentially mean that you might not be seeing updates from your favorite blogs and businesses if you haven’t been interacting with them regularly. In other words, FB assumes that if you don’t Like or Comment, you don’t want to see it. We usually post about three times a day, so if you can’t recall seeing any posts from us, chances are they aren’t being fed to you anymore. Here is how you can make it easier to access the updates from the pages you care about:
- On Facebook, hover over the word Lists on the left side of the page and click the word More that appears.
- At the top of the page click the +Create a List button.
- Name the list. (For example, Sewing, or Fabric Shops.)
- Under the image in the middle of the page, click Add friends to this list.
- Choose Pages from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll see all the pages you’ve ever liked. Select all the pages you want in the list, then click Done.
- Now you can see the list on the left side under the Lists heading. Click on it and you get the status updates for all the pages you chose. You can leave the list there, but if you want to make it a little bit easier to access, hover over the word Lists again and click More.
- Click the edit icon to the left of the list you just created. Choose Add to Favorites. Now your list is in the top left section under your name.
We hope you’ll join us on our Facebook page where you can see our Deal of the Day, check out new collections, talk about sewing and more. (At least until the Facebook throws small businesses another curve ball.)
(Thanks to Michelle for calling attention to this problem.)