Butterfly Silhouette Quilt Tutorial

on December 29 | in Sewing Tutorials + Patterns | by | with 9 Comments

Rachel Measham-Pywell from Four Wise Monkeys is back with another pretty quilt design for you to sew in the new year! We love all of Rachel’s tutorials, from the Let’s Go! Backpack and the beautiful Pinwheels in the Park Quilt to the Dino Party! Drawstring Bags + Appliqué.

Today Rachel has designed a cot- or crib-sized quilt, great for scraps or charm squares! Rachel writes, “This quilt can be made from charm squares, scraps, fat quarters or strips of fabric. I used 14 different fabrics including a mixture of scraps from my stash and fabric strips. You will need 109, 5” squares from at least 14 different fabrics. Lots of fabric scraps would look great!”

Download your free Butterfly Silhouette Quilt PDF Tutorial today, and enjoy!

9 Responses to Butterfly Silhouette Quilt Tutorial

1. It’s not exactly normal for me to read this kind of subject matter, but this caught my attention as soon as I read the first sentence. Thank you so much.

2. Clare S says:

Wow, I’ve never done any quilting/patchwork, either, but this is so inspiring, I might have to have a go! How beautiful the finished product is, and how clear the instructions are! I’ve got to try this, I think! And I think I’ll use the finished product the decorate my home and add a feminine touch.

Thanks a lot for sharing this!

3. Bobby says:

I have never quilted in my life but I think this might be my first attempt. Love this and I have so many scraps that I wouldn’t have to buy anything for the front. :0)

4. AJ says:

Not sure if it just my computer but pages 2 and 3 of the download are blank?? Cute quilt! Perfect for my baby niece!

5. @pril says:

This is really pretty.

@pril
    KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
    For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com

6. Melissa says:

I don’t care very much for pink and don’t do frilly or “girly” very well. But, I love everything about this quilt!!! It reminds me so much of carefree days of my childhood. It just feels like spring:)

7. Christine says:

I love the quilt! I have to make one. Rachel’s directions are so well written, I shouldn’t have any trouble. Thanks!!

8. Jessica T says:

What a beautiful quilt! My daughter would love this!

9. Brigette says:

I’m going to use these instructions to put butterflies on the baby quilts I’m making for my daughters!