Thank you for all the Fat Quarter Idol feedback, enthusiasm and participation! We are LOVING your packs! Our judges, Heather Bostic and Kaye Prince, have helped us select the finalists for Round 1: Sweet Child of Mine packs, so hop over to that post to cast your vote.
This week’s theme: Meet Me at the Picnic! Use Pinterest to combine 12 fabrics from Sew,Mama,Sew! to create the perfect fat quarter pack for the theme of the week. Winners are promoted and fully credited here on the blog, you get to see your pack for sale in our shop, PLUS we’ll send you one of your packs for free!
Submit the URL to your Pinterest board for Meet Me at the Picnic in the comments of this post by this Friday, 4/27!
There have been several questions we’d like to answer:
- Q: Can you do two boards for one theme?
A: Yes, you can do two boards for one theme, but no more.
Q: Should you pin a small thumbnail of the fabric or a larger image?
A: Please pin the larger image. (Click through to the product page.)
Q: What if one of my fabric selections is out of stock or says it’s not available?
A: It’s OK if the fabric says out of stock or not available if it is in the Coming Soon section. If it is in the sale section, please choose something else.
1. Create a board on Pinterest that includes Sew,Mama,Sew! #FatQuarterIdol and the theme of the week. For example: “Sew,Mama,Sew! #FatQuarterIdol Meet Me at the Picnic” (The hashtag will help us find your board.)
2. Pin exactly 12 fabrics onto your board. All fabrics must come from the Sew,Mama,Sew! website. They can be currently available or in the Coming Soon section. Fabric can be solid or a print. Put “Sew,Mama,Sew!” and the fabric name in the description. For example: “Falling Flowers Blue ~ SpringSong @ Sew,Mama,Sew!” (When compiling your pack, don’t forget you can browse our fabric by designer, collection, print, and color.)
3. Submit the URL of your board to the blog post describing the theme of the week here on the blog. For this week’s theme submit your URL in the comments below on today’s post. Themes will be announced every Monday. You need to have your URL in the comments by Friday of the same week.
4. Spread the word! Tell your friends and family you’re about to become a Fat Quarter Idol!
You can pin our rules graphic to your board, and you can also grab one of our Fat Quarter Idol buttons for your blog. 250 px: http://www.sewmamasew.com/april2012/fqi_button250.jpg / 200 px: http://www.sewmamasew.com/april2012/fqi_button200.jpg