This giveaway is now closed. Thanks!
Win a new set of sewing and craft books today! We’re giving books away throughout April, and today you can win Stop. Go. Quilt. Sew! Make 12 Fun Projects for Boys to Enjoy, Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts and ReSew: Turn Thrift-Store Finds into Fabulous Designs.
Link to a wonderful, recent blog post you’ve read. (One month old or less.) Tell us why you loved it!
OR: Link to sewing blog that might not be on our radar. (An “up-and-comer” or a blogger you think deserves more recognition than they currently have.) Tell us what you like about what they do.
Share links in the comments below.
Author: Angela Yosten
Publisher: C&T Publishing
Boys of all ages love their cars; celebrate their devotion to all things transit and stitch up some fun things for them to wear and use. Learn a new style of “scrap applique” using raw edge and reverse applique techniques. From toddlers to teens, boys (and girls too!) will love showing off these cool street sign and traffic signal designs.
Author: Mary Elizabeth Kinch + Biz Storms
Publisher: That Patchwork Place
Mary Elizabeth and Biz present an exciting follow-up to their best-selling Small Blocks, Stunning Quilts! Large, striking quilts with small pieces invite you to slow down and savor the creative process. “Batch work” methods keep you organized from start to finish.
– Enjoy rarely seen photos of antique quilts, plus a brief historical perspective on small-piece designs.
– Choose from 10 eye-popping quilt patterns that spotlight reproduction fabrics.
– Find expert cutting and stitching advice and inventive construction techniques.
Author: Jenny Wilding Cardon
Yearning for a unique look, yet shopping on a shoestring? Learn fashion designer Jenny Wilding Cardon’s secrets for finding the creative possibilities in cast-offs! With a snip here and a tuck there, you can turn common thrift-store items– such as sweaters, curtains, and jeans– into sassy, stylish originals.
– Turn secondhand basics into first-rate fashions with over 20 beginner-friendly projects.
– Make chic tops, skirts, dresses, purses, scarves, bags, and hats–plus a rug, simple quilt and more.
– View before and after pictures that illustrate the potential of your thrift-store finds.