Summer Sewing Plans

on May 16 | in Sewing Inspiration | by | with 11 Comments

When the seasons start to change it’s time to start thinking about what to sew next! A week or so of sunny days in the 70′s (after a dreary stretch for months of highs in the low 50′s) means the stacks of fabric are out and plans are being made around here. New bandana shorts for my boy… Bloomers and pillowcase tops for my girl… It’s time for summer sewing plans! Here are some favorites from our contributors. What will you sew?!

Pretty + Full Skirt
Sydney Pinafore
Swing Shirt
Summer Top
Bandana Pants
Pretty Blouse
First Skirt
Leisurely Dress
Bubble Skirt
Super Simple Nightie Tutorial
Flutter Circle Skirt
Spring Ruffle Top

Plus some ideas for summer adventure:
Discoverer’s Utility Belt, Insulated Picnic Tote, Round Travel Bag, Classic Tote, Simple Ponytail Scarf, Happy Travels Wallet, Blanket Roll Up, Little Artist Backpack, “You Can Take It With You” Embroidery Project Bag

11 Responses to Summer Sewing Plans

1. Martisanne says:

I plan on making some little skirts and summer dresses from some odds and bods of fabric I have in the fabric mountain for my daughter and possibly making some patterns for them to go in my Etsy shop

2. Nicole says:

These are some good projects ideas.. I’ve been stuck thinking about dog outfits ;)… good directions for someone with beginner skills. thanks!

3. Seanna Lea says:

I plan to sew my first (baby-size) quilt this summer. I already have the fabric and the pattern. I just need to start cutting and sewing the fabric!

4. Love to see these colorful summer dresses. Very stylish and comfortable indeed.

5. Hatchet says:

I have a ton of sewing plans. I want to sew a pouch for my new pair of wood sunglasses I bought.

6. jill says:

I’m hoping to quilt a large (almost king) size top in straight lines. Might make some fun gifts for sharing.

7. dolores says:

Great ideas and great question…made me think!:)

We are going to go visit our girl in the UK this summer so I really wanted to try to make this wrap skirt to take with me…if all goes well…maybe two!:)

Also..she asked for some small items to give to her friends this Christmas and one is a young man she works with…whom she says is “posh”….hmm…I have some wingtip shoes, fedoras and mustache fabrics….we’ll see what I can come up with!:)

8. Angie says:

I’ve been looking for quick/easy shirt patterns for summer work tops – the pretty blouse is perfect! Thanks!

9. Katie says:

Thank you sooo much for the ideas! I just started sewing and was stuck on what to do for my next project!
    So, I’m just thrilled with all of these great ideas- ESP the pinny dress, and the big girl tops/skirts! Yay, yay,yay!
    Off to start on the pinny!

10. Rox says:

Funny you should ask: I have been planning a mini summer capsule wardrobe. You can have a look here: http://www.roxthinks.blogspot.ca/2013/04/the-ingenious-capsule-wardrobe.html

I am in the midst of choosing the fabric to go along with the patterns I picked out. Sometimes picking fabric for summer can be hard… I wrote about this here: http://www.roxthinks.blogspot.ca/2013/05/summer-fabrics.html

I bought some lovely chambray and some amazingly soft linen… I will be making at least 2-3 dresses, maybe a romper and some skirts. I’ll be unveiling my final master plan soon. BTW I love the blouses you chose. So cheery!

11. I’ll be sewing lots of aprons and apron dresses for the Christmas season to sell in my Etsy shop.