31 Inspiring Quilters ~ Carla of Lollyquiltz

on January 29 | in Featured Creativity, Quilting | by | with 6 Comments

Today’s Inspiring Quilter is Carla of Lollyquiltz:

Carla’s incredible Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt

Debbie writes, “Journey is a word you’ll find me using often in regards to my quilting, and one of the aspects of that that I love is creating in a variety of styles. So it resonates with me that Carla of Lollyquiltz can finish up a Farmer’s Wife quilt based on very traditional blocks and, before you know it, she’s creating a very modern art quilt. Good going on stretching the margins, Carla, and exploring what’s there. May it encourage all of us to do the same.”

A close-up view of Carla’s Flying South Quilt

Here are Carla’s quilts from 2013, and just look at what she’s made for her eight lucky grandchildren! All of Carla’s quilts from the last few years have a post of their own, all linked to on the right sidebar of Lollyquiltz towards the bottom. Take a look and click around to see lots of beautiful sewing…

Debbie from A Quilter’s Table shares an Inspiring Quilter with us every day in January! Learn more about Debbie in our first post of the series, and follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Flickr.

Our Inspiring Quilters series is sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop. Fat Quarter Shop sells Moda fabric, quilting fabric, quilt kits and more, including free quilt patterns.

6 Responses to 31 Inspiring Quilters ~ Carla of Lollyquiltz

1. Sondra says:

Amazing quilts. Can’t believe the work in that top quilt. WOW!

2. elsa says:

Oh Wow! that quilt is amazing ~ love seeing the Farmer’s Wife so modern, fresh and bright!

3. Linda says:

Lollyquiltz is definitely a talented quilter! She has a real eye for choosing colors and prints that are smashing together, and her stick-to-it-iveness, when it comes to big projects, is admirable. It was a real treat to watch and read her weekly blog posts about her progress on the Farmer’s Wife quilt. And didn’t it turn out fabulously?! I never miss one of her posts because I know I’m going to learn something, even about photography! She takes great pictures. Debbie’s spot-on to pick Carla for special attention.

4. SarahZ says:

I couldn’t agree more! I love Lollyquiltz! I am going to go and see your other inspiring quilters now! :)

5. Valerie says:

I have been following lollyquiltz for quite a while and I love her style. Her Farmer’s wife is the most gorgeous one I’ve ever seen. You have to see the post dedicated to the finish of it–the long arm quilter that did the quilting for it made it really special.

6. kris says:

Just wanted to say I love your Inspiring Quilters series…each one has been really great.