31 Inspiring Quilters ~ Erin from Why Not Sew?

on January 16 | in Featured Creativity, Quilting | by | with 6 Comments

Today we highlight Erin from why not sew in our Inspiring Quilters series…

Erin’s Kitchen Shelf Quilt

Debbie writes, “What first brought me to Why Not Sew? was Erin’s darling little birdie quilts stitched with her striking raw edge applique. So charming and sweet, they motivated me to add a new technique to my repertoire. And this girl paper-pieces in a way I can only dream of. Her vintage-feel style, different from my own, draws me in just the same.”

Erin’s Mama Bird and Her Nest Quilt

Erin has lots of tutorials for you at Why Not Sew? and some beautiful hand piecing/hand sewing block designs for the Hand Pieced Quilt-A-Long. Take a look at her 2013 quilts, the paper piecing photo set and all of Erin’s “birdies!”

Debbie from A Quilter’s Table curated a Quilting Month series for us with 31 Inspiring Quilters throughout January! Learn more about Debbie in our first post of the series, and follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Flickr.

This series is sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop. Fat Quarter Shop sells Moda fabric, quilting fabric, quilt kits and more, including free quilt patterns.

6 Responses to 31 Inspiring Quilters ~ Erin from Why Not Sew?

1. Margie says:

I love these!!!! So sweet and so much personality. That mama bird and her nest quilt is killing me.

2. Debbie says:

I love that kitchen shelf quilt and what a sweet bird design! My Bloglovin Feed is growing daily! Loved my visit at Erin’s Blog today!

3. Debbie says:

I love that kitchen shelf quilt and what a sweet bird design!

4. Heather says:

Erin is a wonderful woman with an amazing talent for piecing and quilting. I’m so glad that you featured her here!

5. Elnora says:

So happy to see Erin’s amazing work featured here! She has a wonderful, unique style and excellent sewing skills. And on top of that, she’s also a very sweet person. A winning combination!

6. Shelly says:

I am just now self teaching to make quilts with help from you & other blogs. I grew up with my mom doing it, plus other crafts so I am used to the basics. I am jumping straight into a king size rag quilt using 12 inch Strips & a solid back with no batting. Wish me luck!