I am really excited about teaching at Camp Stitchalot in one month! There are still tickets available for this fun and relaxing sewing retreat and we’d love for you to join us.
March 21-23, 2014 (Friday-Sunday)
March 20th (Thursday is an optional extra day–I’ll be there for sure!)
Brenda and Rossie run the camp every season and invite guest instructors to join them. This time it will be me and the very amazing Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness. Sara will be teaching her fabulous Camp Stitchalot bag, which includes inner and outer pockets for everything you need to take to a sewing retreat or sew day with friends.
I’m excited to announce that I’ll be teaching a new bag that I’ve developed just for camp. I posted it on Instagram a few weeks ago, soliciting names, and I think @renorx came up with the perfect name–the Tackle Bag–because it looks a little like a tackle box and whatever you keep inside will help you tackle your tasks! It has a lined interior with a zippered welt pocket. I’ve had to make quite a few prototypes, which are currently being used for Rainbow Loom paraphernalia, sewing supplies, and colored pencils. You could line it with vinyl or PUL and it would be perfect for toiletries or cosmetics. Lots of great uses and fun possibilities for women, men and children. I’d love to teach you how to make one!
In case you haven’t heard about it, or missed our Go + Sew post about Camp Stitchalot:
- Camp Stitchalot is held at the Hankerd Inn Resort in Pleasant Lake, MI. The Hankerd Inn is a Bed and Breakfast with plenty of places to sit and chat or read a book. Some rooms even have Jacuzzi tubs.
- Camp Stitchalot is a SMALL intimate gathering (30 max!)
- It’s at a bed and breakfast run by a quilter and set up for sewing retreats, not at a faceless hotel. You can walk around and sew in your jammies with your new friends until 2am if you want.
- There is a FULL kitchen available to campers in the barn. This accommodates snacks, drinks, people with special diets…
- Camp Stitchalot is all inclusive! You don’t have to leave the Inn for any reason. The meals, the room and board, and the classes at camp are all included in the $525 or $475 (if sharing with a friend) rate.
- You get a better teacher experience at Camp! In addition to the classes, there will be LOTS of open sew time at camp and someone will be there to help.
- It’s a unique experience that leads to new lifelong friends. Several campers have already been back 3 times!
I hope you’ll join us!