Stephanie joins us today from The Crafty Kitty and Stitch Organics, an organic fabric store and haberdashery. You can also find Stephanie on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, Flickr and Bloglovin! Learn more about Stephanie in her introduction, and enjoy her Relaxing Eye Pillow tutorial below…
- Fat quarter of undyed organic linen/organic poplin blend fabric
- Fat quarter of organic voile
- Fat quarter of undyed organic batiste/voile
- Coordinating organic cotton sewing thread
- 100g buckwheat
- 1 tbsp dried lavender (or more or less if preferred!)
- Relaxing Eye Pillow PDF Pattern
- Fabric marker
- Embroidery hoop (optional)
Cut out two inner pillow pieces from the organic linen/organic poplin fabric, the two back pieces from your patterned voile and one front piece from your undyed batiste/voile.
Sew together the two linen/organic poplin eye pillow pieces (right sides facing), leaving a gap for turning.
Clip the seams and turn right side out.
Fill with buckwheat and lavender, and sew the opening shut.
Using a fabric marker, or your chosen method, transfer the heart pattern to the undyed batiste/voile. Cross-stitch the heart pattern. (If you prefer, you can carry this out prior to cutting out the eye pillow shape.)
Finish the overlapping edges of the back eye pillow pieces by pressing 1/4″ to wrong side and top stitching.
Overlap the back eye pillow pieces and baste in place 1/8″ away from each side.
Sew together the undyed and patterned voile pillow pieces (right sides facing).
Clip seams, turn right side out and stuff with the inner pillow.
- Use patterned voile for both sides of the pillow cover.
- Instead of making a buckwheat inner pillow, use wadding and add elastic or ribbon to make a sleeping mask instead!