How often do you sew? Take our poll!

on April 5 | in Polls + Surveys | by | with 13 Comments

Are you a sewing addict, a committed practitioner, or a dabbler? See how your sewing habits compare to other Sew Mama Sew readers by taking our quick poll.

13 Responses to How often do you sew? Take our poll!

1. The goal is everyday but with working and kiddos it can be hard. Speaking of, I need to get off the internet and get some stitches in.

2. Paula says:

Not nearly enough. I wish I had more time to sew.

3. Barbara says:

In response to Martha, below.

4. Barbara says:

You sound like me. I just retired and I am doing a lot of sewing. My husband wants to help me organize my fabric, but I think that’s because he’s tired of looking at all the stacks and piles all over the place.

5. MGS says:

Me too! I wish I had more time to sew, it’s ‘sew’ relaxing for me ;) But work is busy and taking care of the house and the kids is a priority over my personal time. If I can take every other week-end to just do a quick little project or mend a few things, I have learned to be happy with that.

6. Jessie Hansen says:

I can’t really answer this question either. Like Holly, I’m on again/off again. This month I have 5 goals and they all involve sewing, but some times I go months without touching my machine! Sure I hand sew every day on my sock monkeys, but that’s work and it’s not really the fun part of the monkeys right now.

7. Anna (sixtyfourcolorbox) says:

This poll doesn’t take into account how many hours on those days or that some months allow for more sewing than others. I would love to sew every day (and during the summer months I do), but I haven’t found a way to earn enough money by sewing all day long.

8. Kristine says:

I don’t think there is a typical month for me when it comes to sewing. Some months its almost every day, and others my machine won’t see the light of day.

9. Brenna says:

I’d LOVE to sew every day, but between working full-time, my 5 year old and all the PTO obligations, I’m happy to get 2-3 hours a week. I did just start the dyosampler quilt along though, I’m hoping that a WIP with a variety of blocks and techniques will inspire me to squeeze in more quilting time! And I’ve started some hand-piecing and hand-quilting projects so I can get 15min in on the Metro or while watching a movie.

10. Holly says:

I’m on again / off again, So sometimes it’ll be a couple of months between projects and other times I’m practically obsessed with sewing. So I didn’t answer the poll.

11. Martha Sturgill says:

I have just retired and am spending some part of every day either sewing, getting my sewing space organized or a little of both. I’m a little shocked at how much fabric I’ve accumulated!

12. Pauline T says:

Hello, My name is Pauline and I love to sew.

13. wandie says:

I would love to be able to doing something related to sewing everyday, but I have to go to work to make the money to support my habit!