Giveaway Day is tomorrow! Visit Monday 5/12 @ 6:00 a.m. PST or later to add your giveaway and find new blogs to love.
Want to participate? Prepare your giveaway item(s), take a photo, write your post and then link up tomorrow. We’ll have two separate pages, one for Handmade Items and one for Supplies (patterns, fabric, etc.). Explore other sites and try your luck at winning a great giveaway!
- Your giveaway item must be either handmade (for example, bags, artwork, etc.), or something that can be used for making handmade gifts (for example, buttons, ribbons, patterns, etc.).
- You need to write a post, including a photo of the giveaway item, and ask visitors to comment on that post.
- Your post must link to a blog or public Facebook page (a brand or business, but not your personal page). No Etsy shop links, please.
- Come here Monday, May 12 at 6 a.m. PST (or later!) to submit your link.
- Decide how you want to choose the winner (random, best answer to a question, etc.).
- State in the post whether you’ll ship the item internationally.
- Leave your giveaway open until May 16 at 5 p.m. PST.
- Email your winner by May 18, and note the winner in the giveaway post.
- Ship your item by May 20.
- Tell everyone you know! Help us tell the world about Giveaway Day! Grab our button and link back to this post to let your readers know you’ll be participating. Tweet about Giveaway Day, spread the news on Facebook and write on your blog! Here’s the image URL: http://www.sewmamasew.com/blog2/may2014/MayGiveawayDay.jpg
- Please include a link back to SewMamaSew.com so your readers can enter more giveaways.
Tips for Success:
- Make it easy for people to enter to win your giveaway. Participants don’t like “hoops” requiring people to Tweet about the giveaway, become a follower, etc. These tend to frustrate readers and might make them less likely to visit you again.
- Include a picture of your giveaway. You’ll need one clear photo when you link to our giveaway posts. Take a good photo in natural light, without lots in the background to distract from your item(s). People will often decide whether to visit based on the photo, so you want the photo to look good. Our link-up system turns photos into square thumbnails so consider how the photo will crop or create a square image to upload yourself.
- Participants tend to like answering specific questions when they comment on your post. Rather than just a random comment, consider asking readers to tell you their holiday plans, a favorite winter tradition… Something to help people connect in some small way.
- Have fun!
[countdown event="until Giveaway Day" date="12 May"]