I started reading Jeni Baker’s blog about three years ago. I love her down-to-earth voice, her use of vintage sheets, and her helpful tutorials on color (The Art of Choosing being a personal favorite). Jeni is now an inspiring fabric designer for Art Gallery Fabrics and a pattern designer to boot! Her latest pattern, Fractal, features her newest fabric line, Geometric Bliss. You can find her on Instagram, too (@jenib320).
Tell us about your favorite quilt. When did you make it? What pattern did you use? What fabrics?
I made this quilt in late 2010, and it is one of only a handful of quilts I’ve made using a pattern. I used the Sparkling Cider pattern by All Washed Up Quilts! I cannot recommend the pattern enough, as it’s simple, quick and the results are beautiful. I used some of my favorite prints from my vintage bed sheet stash. The background, prints, backing and binding are all vintage sheets.
Have you shown it at any quilt shows or entered it in any contests?
I have not!
What memories or people does the quilt make you think of?
This quilt reminds me of all the adventures I went on with friends and family to find the sheets. It most simply reminds me of that time in my life; I was just starting quilting, finishing college and finding my niche.
What do you like best about the quilt?
My favorite thing about this quilt is the fabrics. They’re extremely soft, and the prints are charming and colorful. It’s lightweight and my go-to quilt for the summer months.
How did you grow as a quilter while making it?
Absolutely, it was the first time I followed a quilt pattern, and I learned a lot through the entire process. Making this quilt also helped me shape my style as a quilter.
If you could make this quilt again, what (if anything) would you do differently?
I would have made it bigger!
Where is the quilt now?
This quilt is currently on my side of the bed! Just last week it got warm enough to swap it with my winter quilt!
Tell Us About Your Favorite Quilt
What about you? What’s your favorite quilt? Answer our questions on your blog and then link up on any of the daily posts. (You can even use the “My Favorite Quilt” button if you want!: http://www.sewmamasew.com/june2014/myfavoritequilt150.jpg) We’re giving away three $25 gift certificates to Fabricworm, randomly drawn from all entries in June.
- You can link up anytime throughout the month (6/1 – 6/30).
- Your post must be a new, original post about a favorite quilt that you have made.
- You can answer all or some of the questions below.
- Click on links to read and comment on other posts! Quilty love should be shared.
- Tell us about your favorite quilt. When did you make it? What pattern did you use? What fabrics?
- Have your shown it at any quilt shows or entered it in any contests?
- What memories or people does the quilt make you think of?
- What do you like best about the quilt?
- How did you grow as a quilter while making it?
- If you could make this quilt again, what (if anything) would you do differently?
- Where is the quilt now?
This series is sponsored by Fabricworm, your source for modern, designer and Japanese import fabrics, perfect for crafts, quilts and home decorators.