Daniela Gutierrez-Diaz from On the Cutting Floor has two new dress designs to share with you. The first is the Camille Dress, perfect for date night or summer weddings! Find Daniela on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook, and learn more in her introduction. (Daniela’s introduction also includes links to two of her popular dress designs at On the Cutting Floor!) We’ll share another dress from Daniela in August…
The Camille Dress
Created by On the Cutting Floor for Sew Mama Sew.
- Printed patterns
- 2 ½ yards of mid-weight knit fabric
- Matching thread
- Ballpoint needle
This printable PDF pattern is assembled by overlapping ½”. The pattern comes in letter size paper. To print this pattern, download the PDF document. Select FILE, then PRINT. It will print 42 pages. Wait until all the pages are printed before taking them from the printer; it will make it easier to assemble. When finish printing, place the pages as the layout below. Then use tape to put them together. Now cut the pieces.
Here is the picture of the printing layout:
Sometimes, there are problems with the printing process and the patterns come in the wrong size (a little bit smaller). To avoid this, check the 1 inch square inside of the front bodice pattern. It will help you to see if the patterns are the correct size.
The PDF pattern comes in sizes from 4 to 22 (US Size). The colors for each size are:
20: Light Green
This pattern comes with a 1/2 inch seam allowance, unless indicated otherwise.
Mid-weight knit cotton
For 60″ wide fabric: 2 1/2 yards (the dress pieces are cut on bias)
Please note that in order to have the best results working with knits you will need a ballpoint needle and a zig-zag setting on your sewing machine.
1. Place layer 1 and 2 together, both right sides facing up.
2. Place the layer 3 at the top, with the wrong side facing up.
3. Pin and sew along the top.
4. Place the front of the dress and the layers together, right sides facing up.
5. Place the back piece of the dress on top of the front piece, wrong side facing up.
6. Pin and close sides and shoulders.
7. Fold the neckline and armholes by ½ inch. Pin and sew along.
8. Finish by folding the hemline ½ inch. Pin and sew along.