Daniela Gutierrez-Diaz from On the Cutting Floor shared her Camille Dress earlier this month, the perfect dress for a date night or get-together with friends! She’s back with the Irene Dress, a sweet and casual option in knit fabric.
The Irene Dress
Created by On the Cutting Floor for Sew Mama Sew.
- Printed PDF Irene pattern
- 2 1/2 yards of mid-weight knit fabric
- Matching thread
- Ballpoint needle
This printable PDF Irene pattern is assembled by overlapping ½ inch. The pattern comes in letter size paper.
To assemble this pattern, download and print the PDF document. This is the layout of your pattern:
It will print 32 pages. Wait until all the pages are printed before taking them from the printer; it will make it easier to assemble.
When you finish printing, place the pages as the layout below. Then use tape to put them together. Now cut the pieces.
Sometimes, there are problems with the printing process and the patterns come in the wrong size (a little bit smaller). To avoid this, check the 1 inch square inside of the front bodice pattern. It will help you to see if the patterns are the correct size.
The PDF pattern comes in sizes from 4 to 22 (US Size). The colors for each size are:
20: Light Green
This pattern comes with a 1/2 inch seam allowance, unless indicated otherwise.
Mid-weight knit cotton
For 60″ wide fabric: 2 ½ yards
Note: In order to have the best results working with knits you will need a ballpoint needle and a zig-zag setting on your sewing machine.
1. Place front and back of bodice pieces together, right sides facing. Close the sides and shoulders.
2. Create the darts for the neckline.
3. Fold the neckline by ½ inch and sew along.
4. Fold the sleeves by ½ inch and sew along.
5. Bow: Take the bow pieces and sew along the top and bottom. Turn around to the right side.
6. Close the bow “knot.”
7. And place it in the middle of your bow. Place the bow in between the waistband pieces, then close the sides.
9. Skirt: Close the sides of the skirt.
10. Attach the skirt, the waistband and the bodice together. Finish by folding the hemline ½ inch. Pin and sew along.