Travel Wallet

on August 21 | in Sewing Tutorials + Patterns | by | with 6 Comments

Marina Brumpton of Frocks & Frolics shared her popular Strawberry Skirt and fun holiday patterns with us. She’s back with an easy travel wallet, great for organizing all of your travel document essentials. Make one for the travelers in your family! Every Frocks & Frolics PDF pattern features step-by-step videos including, of course, a video below for this Travel Wallet.

Download your US Letter Travel Wallet PDF pattern or the A4 Travel Wallet PDF pattern.

Holiday season is such fun, apart from when you have to pack everyone’s stuff, get insurance including medical, make sure passports are still valid and hunt down your driver’s license (because, let’s be honest, you misplaced it again)! Flight tickets, passports and documents are usually stuffed into the handbag in a mad last-minute panic and then the paranoia that I will forget something only ends when I sit on the plane stretch out my legs and watch the clouds below me.

So this year I am very organized and made a travel document wallet which has a zip compartment for my forms such as the dreaded insurance, visas and such, plus four slots for passports. Everything is in one place and also looking soooo pretty! There’s no hapless search at the airport counter; instead I am calm and collected.

I hope you still have time to make one for yourself and your family. There is a step by step video for you to follow and an easy pattern too. I made lots of bags this spring, with everyone coming to my sewing courses. Now I also have a matching wallet! I just need to make a money purse now…

Find more from Marina at Frocks & Frolics!

6 Responses to Travel Wallet

1. Leora says:

I made one and it’s great! Thanks for a great tutorial. I would add a lining to the zippered compartment, because when I open it all the threads are visible.

2. Sandy says:

Hi Marina. Thanks for the great tutorial. One thing I am wondering about (which I may have just skipped?) is the zippered pocket part. Was there an instruction about how to close it off from the main body of the wallet? Or is it left roomy for larger sized papers?

3. Marina says:

Hi Florine

Instead of the written photo instructions you get an instructional video plus a free pattern. Patterns which are for sale on my site also include written instructions.
    I would be delighted if you had a look.
    Marina

4. Florine Bynum says:

any written instructions?

5. rosa says:

This is absolutely beautiful.Can´t wait to try make one.Thanks for the pattern!

6. Emma says:

This is fantastic! I was just browsing online for one to buy for our honeymoon but not finding what I needed. Then this post popped up in my bloglovin feed – perfect! Can’t wait to attempt it over the bank holiday weekend. A great way to use up my leftover fabric too!