Looking for a Halloween party activity?! Here’s a cute, little project from the new Felt-o-ween: 40 Scary-Cute Projects to Celebrate Halloween from Kathy Sheldon and Amanda Carestio. Celebrate Halloween with Punkin’ Treat Pouches; these are a great hands-on activity for kids to make at your next fall party, and the pouches are perfect for extra-special treats. Mollie Johanson designed these pumpkins, one of many low- or no-sew felt projects in the book.
From the publisher:
- Celebrate the spookiest day of the year by having some crafty fun! The team behind the popular Fa La La La Felt and Heart-Felt Holidays brings you 40 BOO-tiful decorations and costumes for a festive Halloween. Requiring little or no stitching, these felted projects are 100% beginner-friendly, including pumpkin candy bags, a huggable vampire stuffy, a creepy crawly wreath, and plenty of ears, headbands and other wearables for revelers young and old.
Take a closer look at Felt-o-ween: 40 Scary-Cute Projects to Celebrate Halloween for more felty fun!
Fill these gleeful little gourds with treats to give out to trick-or-treaters or the guests at your Halloween party.
What You Need to Make One:
- Basic sewing kit
- Orange felt, about 5 x 7 inches (12.7 x 17.8 cm)
- Felt scraps in black and green
- Black and yellow embroidery floss
What You Do:
1. Using the templates, cut out one pumpkin front and two pumpkin backs from orange felt. Cut the pumpkin face pieces from black felt, and cut the stem from green felt.
2. Stitch the face pieces onto the front piece using three strands of black floss and straight stitch.
3. With the pumpkin facedown, place the two back pieces on the back so that the outside edges line up and the center edges overlap. Position the stem at the top, between the front and back layers. Pin the layers in place.
4. Stitch around the pumpkin shape using six strands of yellow embroidery floss and straight stitch. Be sure to catch the stem in your stitching.
5. Fill the pouch with treats (or maybe even a little trick!).
Reprinted with permission from Felt-o-ween © 2014 by Kathy Sheldon and Amanda Carestio, Lark Books, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by Lark Books.