Our Teach a Friend to Sew series continues this week with the first sewing project! You gathered your notions and now it’s time to make an easy, speedy pillowcase with this PDF excerpt from Shea Hendersons’s School of Sewing: Learn It, Teach It, Sew Together with Lucky Spool Media.
From the excerpt:
The quintessential beginner project! This pillowcase teaches more skills than you think and is easy to personalize with fabric choices. You’ll impress your friends and family when you show off the professional finish! We will warn you though… You will want to make one for every bed in your house! Try making these from luxurious voile for the summer or cozy flannel for the winter.
Download your How to Sew a Pillowcase PDF excerpt and learn how easy it is to make custom covers for your home. Pillowcases are a thoughtful gift too; kids really love a new pillowcase in a fun print!
Once you start your project, take a photo and enter to win a Pfaff Passport 3.0 Sewing Machine or a Fabric Shop Gift Certificate!
- Teach a Friend to Sew Series Launch
- Teach a Friend to Sew Prizes: Pfaff Passport 3.0 Sewing Machine or a Fabric Shop Gift Certificate!
- Beginning to Teach a Friend to Sew: Series Kick-off with Shea Henderson from School of Sewing
- 6 Tips for Teaching Friends to Sew
- Free Class Outlines (in the “Teach it” section on the School of Sewing site)
- Building a Sewing Tool Kit: Our Favorite Tools + Notions
Win the book! Comment below for a chance to win a copy of School of Sewing: Learn It, Teach It, Sew Together. Let us know if you have plans to teach a friend to sew, or if you’re learning yourself. Your comment enters you to win.