Squeezy Potholder Video Tutorial

on February 22 | in Featured Post, Sewing Tutorials + Patterns | by | with 13 Comments

Donna Thornal of Olivia & Marie Create shows you how to make her easy Squeezy Potholders in a two-part video series. These would be lovely paired with a kitchen towel as a hostess gift, or the potholder could be a fun refresh for your own kitchen this spring!

Learn all about Donna in her introduction, and find some bright and cheery scraps now to turn into a beautiful and useful new potholder. You can download the materials list and templates below the video links.

Part One:

Part Two:

Download the complete Materials List + Potholder PDF Templates, and have fun creating a bunch of Squeezy Potholders!

13 Responses to Squeezy Potholder Video Tutorial

1. Donna says:

Thanks very much Jocelyn Renee’. I am so glad you enjoyed the video.

2. Donna says:

Thanks very much Lara B. I had a lot of fun making it, and I’m glad you liked it.

3. Donna says:

Thanks Denise.

4. Donna says:

Thanks so much for your kind words Laura. I’m so glad your potholder turned out well. That’s a great idea to use poster board.

5. Donna says:

Thanks Linda. I’ve never used freezer paper, as it’s a special order item here in the UK — can’t just pick it up from the grocery. But that sounds like a great idea, and I might try it when I go back home to South Carolina to visit my mom. So glad you enjoyed the video — I really enjoyed making it.

6. Denise says:

Good job

7. Laura says:

This is a great tutorial! Thank you so much for posting. I made my own template on poster board, just a bit bigger than the template provided and my finished pot holder looks really professional! This is, by far, the best pot holder tutorial out there. Thanks!

8. Debra says:

Have you checked Pinterest for that Pattern Jan? I think I have seen some on there, just type in what your looking for & results should come up. Fingers crossed!

9. Rumi says:

It might be easier to draw template, stitch a little bit inside the line and then cut by scissors. You will have a nice edge ready for the next step.

10. jan says:

is there any where i can find free robe patterns for boy age 10 to 12? also i love your patterns am going to make the hotpad

11. Lara B. says:

Really well done video tutorial Donna!

12. Great video tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing.

13. Linda says:

It might be easier to make your template out of freezer paper, iron it to the quilted piece and cut it out with scissors. love your video!