Note: This contest has been revised. You no longer need to use Rafflecopter to enter; simply post your photo below.
Are you teaching a friend to sew with the new Sew Mama Sew/Lucky Spool series? I’ve seen some thoughtful and generous posts on social media in which Sew Mama Sew readers are announcing to their friends, “If you want to learn to sew, now is the time; I’ll teach you!” Thank you to all of you who are joining in. If you’d like to learn to sew I hope you’ll reach out to someone to guide you through the process. If you feel like you’re on you’re own though, we’ll have plenty of good information here for you to navigate learning to sew.
Throughout our Teach a Friend to Sew series we’ll have a different topic each week that represents a stepping stone to becoming a better sewist. The task for this week is to stock your sewing tool kit. Get it done, show us a photo, and you have a chance to win a great prize! If you are teaching someone during the series, you can also post a photo of your own or your friend’s tool kit for a chance to win. We have a list of our favorite tools and notions in this post, but yours doesn’t have to look like ours. Whatever works for you is fine.
Once you’ve earned your merit badge, here’s what you can enter to win!:
The Pfaff Passport 3.0 sewing machine! This machine isn’t even available to the public yet; the winner of this drawing will get one of the very first ones! This is a great, mid-level machine valued at $799! Some of the awesome features include:
• The Original IDT™ (Integrated Duel Feed) System, only from PFAFF®
• Automatic Thread Cutter
• Compact and lightweight
• 100 stitches including a beautiful appliqué stitch
This is an amazing all-purpose machine, so whether you are a new or an experienced sewist, you will love the Pfaff Passport 3.0!
* Unfortunately, this machine is only available to winners in the US or Canada. Our other prizes, however, are open to worldwide contestants.
We are also giving away three gift certificates to online fabric shops! The winner chooses the shop.
- One $75 gift certificate
- Two $50 gift certificates
Here’s how to enter:
- The sewing merit badge for the week is Sewing Tool Kit.
- To earn the badge, post a photo of your sewing tool kit in InLinkz widget below. The photo can be on your blog, on Instagram or you can upload it. You can enter whether you are teaching or learning during the series. Click the Add Your Link button at the bottom of the page to get started.
- Each week we’ll post a different sewing merit badge and you’ll have another chance to enter a photo for an additional chance to win. Please though, only one entry per week/merit badge.
- The drawing is open until November 15.
- If you post on social media, please use #TeachaFriendtoSew, @sewmamasew and @luckyspool.