This giveaway is now closed. Thanks!
Teach a Friend to Sew! We hope you’re enjoying our fall series, and that you’re inspired to learn to sew or to teach a friend to sew. We’re using Shea Henderson’s marvelous School of Sewing: Learn It, Teach It, Sew Together as a springboard for our challenges and “lessons.” This week you can sew a garment– any garment!– and enter to win a new Pfaff sewing machine.
Chances are, if you’re learning to sew, you’re going to want a functional (and fantastic!) sewing machine to match your new skills. Shea and Lucky Spool Media have a handy How to Buy a Sewing Machine PDF excerpt for you from School of Sewing: Learn It, Teach It, Sew Together. Learn about must-have features, where to buy your machine, why that $80 big-box store machine might not be the best idea, plus find info about test-driving various models and more. Download your How to Buy a Sewing Machine PDF excerpt, and feel free to share your advice in the comments!
Win the book! Comment below for a chance to win a copy of School of Sewing: Learn It, Teach It, Sew Together. Where are you at, machine-wise? Do you have the machine of your dreams? Are you trying to figure out the best machine for your budget? Do you like the make/model you’re currently using? Your comment enters you to win.
Looking for other posts in our Teach a Friend to Sew series? Here you go!:
- Teach a Friend to Sew Series Launch
- Teach a Friend to Sew Prizes: Pfaff Passport 3.0 Sewing Machine or a Fabric Shop Gift Certificate!
- Beginning to Teach a Friend to Sew: Series Kick-off with Shea Henderson from School of Sewing
- 6 Tips for Teaching Friends to Sew
- Free Class Outlines (in the “Teach it” section on the School of Sewing site)
- Building a Sewing Tool Kit: Our Favorite Tools + Notions
- How to Sew a Pillowcase
- How to Sew Perfect Corners for Patch Pockets or Pillow Covers
- How to Make a Drawstring Bag
- What to Expect From Your First Modern Quilt Guild Meeting
- 12 Favorite Beginner Sewing Projects
- 10 Beginner Bag Tutorials
- Top 10 Skills + Tips for New Garment Sewists